PDA

View Full Version : Observations made easy!

butterfly
23-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Just thought I'd share a simple idea i've trialled this morning with my two babies aged 9 and 10 mths. I got some of Sarah's fantastic observation sheets (i particularly use the written obs one and the photo one) and photocopied loads and put them on a clipboard which I have in the playroom.

Then this morning whilst the babies were playing I just did a quick 10 mins obs on each one writing them straight on to the sheets.

Later i took a photo of one baby playing with maracas and filled out a photo form straight away saying what he was doing in the photo and what i would offer him next. I won't be able to print the photo for probably another week but at least i've already written down what he was doing so won't have to remember.

this is great as it's already on the proper form and is all in one place. i used to write obs on scraps of paper and loose them and then have to copy them up on to the proper forms. now i can get to the end of the week and transfer all the children's forms into their books in one go!!

very simple but i thought i'd share!!

Bushpig
23-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Well done on being so organised!!! Sounds great :)

breezy
23-09-2008, 10:11 AM
sounds a brilliant idea, I always have notebook pen and camera at the ready, but do it all in my best writing when kids gone!

sarah707
23-09-2008, 11:21 AM
That's pretty much how I do it too!

It saves me soooo much time :D