PDA

View Full Version : A question on numbers

mumtodaniel
14-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Hi

Still waiting for cert, but hopefully should arrived shortly. Just getting everything ready, however not sure about numbers if anyone can help.

I am allowed 5 children, 3 under 5 and 2 5 to 8 years. However, if I have a child under 3 till 3pm, can I then use that place for an over 5, and have 3 over 5's. Is is basically that I can have no more than 5 children up to 8, but it would be up to me what ages I choose, as long as I do not go over my numbers.

Also, the same question for the morning, it someone wants me to drop off to school, and then I have a 3 to 5 year old from say 9.15, can you still do this.

Sorry if it sounds a stupid question, sometimes it is so confusing.

Maureen

oakie dokie
14-01-2008, 10:06 AM
hi mumto daniel, if your cert says 5 children, no more than 3 under 5 and 2x 5 to 8, you could have 5 x 5 to 8s if you wanted but no more than 3 must be under 5. and if one goes at 3, you can still fill that place after 3 with another child as long as you are within your ratio.

if that makes any sence?

hazelx

deeb66
14-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Yes Hazel has got it right.

angeldelight
14-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Hope you get your certificate soon

Angel xx

sarah707
14-01-2008, 03:48 PM
I top and tail lots of children over the years - at one stage I had a 3 year old before school, used her place for a 4 year old in the afternoon who went home at 3, then another 4 year old (nearly 5) after school.

It takes some juggling but it's perfectly do-able.

Good luck :D

buildingblocks
14-01-2008, 04:05 PM
I usually allow half an hour cross over point to allow for late pick up/early drop offs.

You also have to make the parents aware that if a school age child is off school you will not be able to have them as their space is not available unless they pay a retainer to keep that space open (in which case it can't be used for anyone else - does that make sense) eg inset days or school hols

mumtodaniel
14-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Thanks for all the advice, some good points, was talking to a new reception mum who is putting her child into morning and afternoon school club, as could not find any child minders apparently - said she rang one local one who was busy. Anyway vaguely knew her, so introduced myself and going to give her my number when the cert comes through. Hopefully, she will find morning and afternoon afterschool club too much - fingers crossed - suggested it might be an idea doing a bit of both.

Maureen

chubbymummy
14-01-2008, 10:06 PM
i just wanted to wish you all the best maureen

deeb66
14-01-2008, 10:07 PM
Good luck Maureen

Rubybubbles
15-01-2008, 01:19 PM
good luck with it agree with everyone else on numbers!

I always tell everyone I'm a childminder:D