PDA

View Full Version : scratches, bumps and bruises

Ely Tots
22-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Within minutes of my new charge arriving today she had two tiny scratches appear on her face (one year old). I didn't see how it happened but suspect it was a tussle in the buggy over cuddlies. By the end of the day they were barely visible but I did point them out to the father and I felt a bit silly as he couldn't see where they'd been easily. I thought I should fill out a form as it states in the book 'no matter how small' but don't want to overkill.

littlestar
22-09-2008, 09:54 PM
i had the same i got my first mindee when she was 11 months she is 16 months now but i kept checking for little silly marks and when i picked her up she is a big girl i noticed red marks under her arms and when i changed her nappy she would lash about it calms down in time and you learn to chill out if you told mum and dad every little sign you seen the parents would be worried dont worry, if you think it is something mum and dad needs to keep an eye on when they get home or they hurt them self with a bruise i would fill out your book whatever you feel comfatable with but you will get better i have, mine is all over the place just learning to walk so throwing itself all over the room mum knows this and understands just like your babys parents

Rubybubbles
just to check are you still in pre-reg?

I would note it down because it was something that appeared in your setting so you did the right thing! I filled mine in today as the 8 yr old got moon sand in his eye:laughing: the eldest one too

Chatterbox Childcare
I have just brought an exercise book for each child and minor scraps are put in there.

It covers you if parents come back.

emmadines
22-09-2008, 09:56 PM
I have been wondering whats the min that you put in there???

mum22
23-09-2008, 07:49 AM
I put in my accident and incident book, anything relating to a bang on the head, anything that makes a mark on face, cuts and bruises. I have found most parents are happy to sign and understand why you are doing it.:thumbsup: