PDA

View Full Version : NCMA

kiddiwinks
22-09-2008, 09:22 PM
I am with NCMA i have been with them since starting in 2001, i have never looked around when renewing pure lazyness.
i had never heard of mm till coming on here .

I never knew thant you could only use ncma's documents i only used them the first year now i do my own.

When i have renewed in the past they ask if i need stationary and i always say know as i write my own and they have never said.

Would my documents be void if needed to claim for anything

Chatterbox Childcare
22-09-2008, 09:40 PM
My understanding is that if both parties signed an agreement then it would stand up in court - even if written on a beer coaster.

I also think that if you pay for membership that NCMA would have an obligation to represent you - but that is my opinion

Amaranth
22-09-2008, 09:48 PM
I asked ncma about this a while ago and they said if I had my insurance through them (which I did) I had to use their paperwork or they would not provide me with legal help or advice should I need it. So basically they would not cover me if I used my own paperwork. :eek:
I am now with MM as I can use my own. It was costing me a fortune buying the ncma stuff!

kiddiwinks
22-09-2008, 09:52 PM
I must have missed this as i would of gone else where or carried on with ncma's paperwork. I started to do my own for that reason of costing. I have put everything on that was on the ncma but that is not the same is it.

Know one has said after years of renewing and saying that i do my own when they say about their paperwork.

I will check now tomorrow

Tatia
23-09-2008, 08:31 AM
I use NCMA contracts, child record forms (with an enhanced form of my own attached) and accident book. But I now create my own attendance registers and have always done my own accounts on the computer.

Wonder if that mix would be acceptable?

marian
23-09-2008, 08:48 AM
I have always used a mixture of NCMA (for the 'big' full timers) and my own shorter ones for very part time children.
But when I renew my insurance in Dec I will be going with MM as I feel a bit let down by the NCMA with them not 'fighting our corner' in general and over lack of support with regards to EYFS etc.
Marian

buildingblocks
24-09-2008, 12:44 PM
I thought you only had to use their contracts if you want them to represent you in court didn't know it was all of their paperwork.

I use their contracts for children but that is all.

kiddiwinks
29-09-2008, 05:13 PM
UPDATE

Found out on friday that if you dont use all of ncma paper work you will not be covered for anything at all so for the last 7 years i have paid for insurance that has been completely VOID.

I am now going with mm which is cheaper and even covers for the trampoline