PDA

View Full Version : Fire evacuation with non walkers

michellethegooner
22-09-2008, 08:55 PM
At the moment I have 2 non walkers one of which is a newbie... How can I do a fire evacuation. e.g where do I leave the children on the ground? obviously this carries its own risks fall over bang head on concrete. I sometimes leave twin buggy outside so I could pop first child in then go back for second etc How does everyone else deal with 2 or more non walkers?

kiddiwinks
22-09-2008, 09:05 PM
I also have 2 non walkers 1 new, i have done one evacuation so far i did manage to do evacuation ok but only had those 2 babies as wanted to see how i would get on first with the non walkers. i did manage to pick both up then go into back garden i then put 1 on the trampoline (got full enclosure).
I would like to know also how some of you do it with house full and non walkers.

littlestar
22-09-2008, 09:21 PM
i have 2 non walkers and i am able to pick both up and have double buggy out front door and put them in i found it quite a handfull but just thought if it was an emergancy i would will myself to get through it one is near walking now and will walk holding my hand so its abit easier

Bushpig
23-09-2008, 06:27 AM
I have 2 non walkers (well, give them a month or so now and they'll be walking fine, but too small to go down stairs themself still)... and leave my double buggy open outside the exit route at all times, so I can pop them in their quickly if need be. We have to get down 2 flights of stairs (wouldn't use lift in fire situ), so buggy is necessary!:eek: I can pick them both up at the same time though - crucial!

miffy
23-09-2008, 06:35 AM
I haven't had to do this yet but if I couldn't safely pick them both up and carry them at the same time then having the double buggy outside is a good idea.

Maybe our fire evacuation procedure should carry a risk assessment????

Miffy xx

singlewiththree
23-09-2008, 06:41 AM
My friend said at her nursery they put casters on the tavel cot put them in and wheel them out the door :clapping: :laughing:

miffy
23-09-2008, 06:44 AM
My friend said at her nursery they put casters on the tavel cot put them in and wheel them out the door :clapping: :laughing:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: - suppose it's not a bad idea

Miffy xx

sarah707
23-09-2008, 06:58 AM
I have a slightly older little one but I leave the buggy open as well ...

That way I can keep him safe in there and sort the other ones out :D

michellethegooner
23-09-2008, 08:20 AM

good idea but cant c travel cot fitting out my hall way and over the step

Fire evacuation is a hazard in itself lol not good for the back lol

breezy
23-09-2008, 10:51 AM

and straight down the stairs :ROFL1: ( sorry)

buildingblocks
24-09-2008, 12:20 PM
I haven't had to do this yet but if I couldn't safely pick them both up and carry them at the same time then having the double buggy outside is a good idea.Maybe our fire evacuation procedure should carry a risk assessment????Miffy xx

Miffy you must be telepathic as I read the initial poost and saw risk assessment in my mind

as for the two non walkers I have two arms and in an emergency I would pick one up under each arm - its an emergency

michellethegooner
24-09-2008, 08:12 PM
as for the two non walkers I have two arms and in an emergency I would pick one up under each arm - its an emergency

Yes I agree, but if their was any injuries to the child hopefully the parents would b greatful as it was an emergency, but in a practise fire drill, u can hardly grab two and say sorry your lo has a broken arm/leg lol but we were practising our fire evacuation lol.

I always try and make my fire drills as realistic as poss minus the fire obviously (touches wood/head) so we are all prepared for a real emergency, not much point taking 1 out at a time as that doesnt reflect the real thing.