PDA

View Full Version : I am a student

Pipsqueak
22-09-2008, 05:03 PM
I am a Uni Student as of tomorrow. The induction and full enrolment is tomorrow and we start flat out from next week..... I am really excited (but mega nervous) about it.
I have got to do my GCSE maths (again) get it up to a decent level - won't even tell you what my 1988 result was:blush: .

Student discount....
student boozing......
student dress......
student discounts.....:D

OMG what have I done:eek:

balloon
22-09-2008, 05:19 PM
You forgot to mention darned hard work, sitting up til 2 in the morning over an essay that has to be in by 8 the following morning, doing exams when all you want to do is curl up in bed and falling out with the person who sits next to clicking his pen all the way through lectures... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously though, its all worth it as you'll find out. Just remember to make time to have fun (sounds as if you've got the fun pegged already, lol!)

Best of luck :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
22-09-2008, 05:24 PM
You forgot to mention darned hard work, sitting up til 2 in the morning over an essay that has to be in by 8 the following morning, doing exams when all you want to do is curl up in bed and falling out with the person who sits next to clicking his pen all the way through lectures... :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously though, its all worth it as you'll find out. Just remember to make time to have fun (sounds as if you've got the fun pegged already, lol!)

Best of luck :thumbsup:

I've got to work:eek: :eek: ???? I thought students just drank, spent money (student discounts of course) and drank more..... lol Darn it might have to rethink here.....:D :D I have found out that our local Flares offers student discount at certain times! lol....

:D

LisaH
22-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Good luck with it all, you're braver than me!!!!:)

Twinkles
22-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Oh Pip , You do realise you can now only communicate in grunts , you WILL be right at all times and on all your opinions , you can now only eat pasta as anything else requires thinking about , you must only contact your family if you need washing done or you run out of money. :laughing:

ajs
22-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Oh Pip , You do realise you can now only communicate in grunts , you WILL be right at all times and on all your opinions , you can now only eat pasta as anything else requires thinking about , you must only contact your family if you need washing done or you run out of money. :laughing:

i thought students ate beans on toast

good luck pip i hope you enjoy it
my hubby graduated in 2005 after giving up work for 3 years aged 42 he loved it except for the part where his fellow students talked about their parents being so old at 40

Monkey1
22-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Good luck babe x

sarah707
22-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Oh goodness, you're back to where I was 20 plus years ago!

Good luck :clapping:

Mollymop
22-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Well done Pip!! :clapping:

Rubybubbles
22-09-2008, 08:24 PM
oh pip well done hun:clapping:

out of interest are you doing your maths through the uni or where? I've been looking tonight at courses spooky!!

I wanted to get on the ou foundation degree but was too late, so thought I would do my GCSE maths to get it up to a better grade! I got a D:o But also would maybe like to do History? not sure why always been interested in history:laughing:

anyhow I waffle

LOOPYLISA
22-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Well done:clapping:

Chatterbox Childcare
22-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Good on you

When do you get time to work or is hubby giving you a student loan!

Have fun

Polly2
23-09-2008, 08:06 AM
Well done pip! You go girl :clapping:

breezy
23-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Good for you :clapping:

Students cant possibly have time to work, it gets in the way of the drink/vomit cycle:laughing: