PDA

View Full Version : Had my inspection today......

twise
22-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Thank goodness...I had my inspection today and I am delighted to report that I got OUTSTANDING in all areas !!!

I can't tell you how pleased I was. The inspection lasted for nearly 3 hours and it was quite intense, however two inspectors were really nice.

The big thing with my inspection was inclusion, the sef form, recording starting points and outdoor play areas, they also covered all other areas bit these seemed to be the ones they focused on.

Thank you all ladies without you knowledge and explanations there would be no way I could have done it.

A very happy and relieved Tracy

jmoff
22-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Oh wow! Outstanding under the EYFS! Clever you!
Congratulations! Please tell us more!!!

Jana x

ajs
22-09-2008, 03:04 PM
well done tracey you deserve it

diana
22-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Well done!!:clapping:

Bushpig
22-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Well done on a fantastic result!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jinx
22-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Did I read that right? 2 inspectors??????

CONGRATULATIONS AND WELL DONE. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

katickles
22-09-2008, 03:31 PM
FANTASTIC

WELL DONE

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

angeldelight
22-09-2008, 03:33 PM
WOW TRACY

WELL DONE OUTSTANDING UNDER EYFS THAT IS FANTASTIC AND YOU MUST BE FEELING REALLY PROUD OF YOURSELF

CONGRATULATIONS

ANGEL XXX

:clapping: :clapping:

Wendy Woo
22-09-2008, 03:35 PM
WOW WELL DONE YOU

PLEASE TELL US WOT U DID AND HOW U DID IT!!!!!

:clapping: :clapping:

kiddiwinks
22-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Thank goodness...I had my inspection today and I am delighted to report that I got OUTSTANDING in all areas !!!

The big thing with my inspection was inclusion, the sef form, recording starting points and outdoor play areas, they also covered all other areas bit these seemed to be the ones they focused on.

Well done for getting OUTSTANDING,

What is inclusion and the recording starting points. Sorry for sounding thick

christine e
22-09-2008, 03:53 PM
That is fantastic - well done you!!!!!!:clapping: :clapping:

Cx

tulip0803
22-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Congratulations:clapping:

hbomb1
22-09-2008, 04:01 PM
That is fantastic....many congratulations!!!!!

:clapping: :clapping: :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :clapping: :clapping:

Jules12Wed
22-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Fantastic news - congratulations

marian
22-09-2008, 04:07 PM
wow!!
Well done you!:clapping: :clapping:

Marian

cherry
22-09-2008, 04:22 PM
:excited: Well Done :excited:

What are you going to do to celebrate?

butterfly
22-09-2008, 04:24 PM
congratulations!!!! that's absolutely fantastic!!! Don't forget to tell us your tips especially about starting points!!

Splish Splosh
22-09-2008, 04:25 PM
:clapping: congratulations well done.:clapping: :clapping:

donnahay0
22-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Oh Bravo - you should definately celebrate

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

twise
22-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Thank you for your kind words.

Two inspectors turned up at 10.00, made sure they signed the log and told them what to do if there was a fire.

First thing was to go round the house on a risk assessment (as per my folder) pointing out the risk and what I do about them. Showed them the smoke alarm,fridge temps, fire drill, toy cleaning files.

Liked my notice board and displays. They then sat while one went through all my policies while the other watched me play with my mindee (I was lucky only had A - 3 year old today).

At the moment we are doing ALL ABOUT ME....the house is covered in pictures of body parts. This week we are doing about the senses. Today was Hearing. I had gathered together tins, wooden spoons, tin lids etc and we made noise!!! I then made popcorn (covers all senses) and then we played a guess what the sound is game on the computer ...I had laminated some pictures such as dog, rain, piano, people laughing and found some sound effects, A had to match the sound to the picture ...inspector liked this game.

During all of this she was asking me questions and A questions. She asked how i measured each individual childs starting points which basically means what they can do when they first start at my setting...i said that i ask parents as many questions as possible then during the first few weeks of a child starting with me I do specific things that give me an indication of what they know such as colours , shapes, scissor control etc.

They asked about inclusion and what I would do if a child in a wheelchair was to want my service...i answered honeatly and i really thought they would have marked me down. As I look after an adult with severe mental and some physical difficulties i am well aware of the need for adapting, however i did say if someone came to me in a wheelchair i could not give the service that they deserved and to be honest i would not want to change my house anymore than it has been already...i did have to keep pointing out that this is my home!!!

They were really impressed with the sef (thankyou Sarah).

They liked the garden and made sugesstions which made my husband nearly combust..such as let the children chalk all over the patio and walls outside.....Paul made some comment about giving the kids a pot of paint and letting them run through the whole of the house!!!!..:eek: .thats when i though omg i've failed.

Overall it was really good, the inspectors were really nice, they didn't give my grading straight away because apparently if they want to give someone outstanding they have to go and discuss with a senior member first to make sure that all aspects are covered.....so when thay left i was really deflated. She phoned me about 1 hour later and told me the good news.

thank the lord its over for 3 years!!!

twise
22-09-2008, 04:40 PM
to celebrate

its an early night with sky plus catching up on all i have missed in the last 2 weeks!!!!!!!

jellytot
22-09-2008, 04:47 PM
congratulations :clapping: :clapping: you must of worked so hard to get outstanding so early into eyfs

donnahay0
22-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Catching up on tv sounds good to me but you forgot to mention - the CHOCOLATE :)

charleyfarley
22-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Congratulations

Well done you obviously worked hard for it :clapping: :clapping:

Don't forget a glass of something to go with the tele and chocolate, you deserve it

Carol xx

balloon
22-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Congratulations!! :clapping:

wendywu
22-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Outstanding under the EYFS must be a record, cannot be many people in the country that got that. Well done:)

Monkey1
22-09-2008, 06:03 PM
Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Mollymop
22-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Well done!!!! That is brilliant news!

Congratulations x:jump for joy: :jump for joy:

jaz
22-09-2008, 06:21 PM
A huge well done, enjoy your realing time cathing up with all the tv youve missed lately,

J
x

Lou
22-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Well done you thats fantastic news you must be so pleased!!!!!!!!!

michellethegooner
22-09-2008, 07:09 PM
OMG well done!!! Outstanding under the EYFS is Outstanding in itself way hayyyy.... :clapping: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clapping:

LisaH
22-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Congratulations, well done!!!!:)

MrsT333
22-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Congratulations

Well Done!

Mines soon, so will note the tips!!

Julie :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Rubybubbles
22-09-2008, 09:44 PM
oh whoa well done that is fantasic news:magnificent: :cheerleader:

Chatterbox Childcare
22-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Well done

Hope we can all follow - although the inspectors in Swindon don't know what an outstanding is unless you whole house is plastered top to bottom with artwork!

Amaranth
22-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Well done on getting outstanding. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

avril
23-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Congratulations that is great news outstanding under the new EYFS :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: and x2 inspectors :eek:

Happy celebrating :thumbsup:

patevans
23-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Congratulations :clapping: - dont think I could cope with 2 inspectors tho...1 is bad enough!!! :panic:

mum22
23-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Oh wow that is fantastic you should be so proud of yourself, well done:thumbsup:

flora
23-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Congratulations!!!!! :clapping: :clapping:

You must be so proud of yourself, well done.

Twinkles
23-09-2008, 07:40 PM
I'm sooo impressed !! Well done and thanks for sharing.

Okay guys the pressure's on :cool:

nannysue
23-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Congratulations :clapping: for your OUTSTANDING grade.

Now you can relax!!!!! Well Done :thumbsup: Sue x

mertonparker
23-09-2008, 10:02 PM
WELL DONE ON GETTING YOUR OUTSTANDING GRADE:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

SEE ALL THAT HARD WORK HAS PAID OFF.:) ....YOU MAY JUST HAVE SET THE STANDARD !! :D

MERTONPARKER.X

sarah707
24-09-2008, 06:58 AM
What is inclusion and the recording starting points.

Congratulations Tracy!

Inclusion is about showing you have considered how to look after children with disabilities...

Recording starting points covers how you first look at what a child can do, then how you take that forward and work with the child, parents, other settings etc to put together next steps which will help the child to grow.

Hth :D

buildingblocks
26-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Did I read that right? 2 inspectors??????

CONGRATULATIONS AND WELL DONE. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

It seems they are hunting in pairs now.

Whether it is all the time or just for now I am not sure but that seems to be what anyone who has had an inspection since Sept seems to be posting. unless it a trained inspector making sure the untrained one is doing it right

Nicki L
26-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Well done you - how fantastic :clapping: :clapping:

Pauline
26-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Overall it was really good, the inspectors were really nice, they didn't give my grading straight away because apparently if they want to give someone outstanding they have to go and discuss with a senior member first to make sure that all aspects are covered.....so when thay left i was really deflated. She phoned me about 1 hour later and told me the good news.

thank the lord its over for 3 years!!!

That is just what ours did! After watching me prepare the meal she said that she would leave us to have lunch in peace and return an hour later for a 'review' of what she had seen and to give the grade. She came back and said that she had had to go and speak to her supervisor before she could give us the Outstanding she wanted to give.

You really deserve everyone's congratulations Tracy, it is a great achievement to receive Outstanding, but to get it in the early weeks of EYFS is truly OUTSTANDING!! :thumbsup:

ruby
26-09-2008, 06:16 PM
congratulations well done:clapping: :clapping:

now you can take it easy

cathy