PDA

View Full Version : help please on a variance letter

gailee
22-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Is someone out there could help me write a variance letter i've not got a clue!! i need to ask ofsted if i can have 4 children under 5 year during term time and maybe during school holidays too! thanks Gailx

kiddiwinks
22-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Sorry not good with letters, i got my husband to do mine a few months ago. Ofted did request that i say why i want request, ages and dob of children and my routine with them.
They did allow pretty quick

Ill look for my letter on husbands laptop he nmay not have deleted it.

crazybones
22-09-2008, 04:06 PM
To write a variance request you have to be very detailed. You need to state names, date of birth of all your children, times that you would have 4 children under 5. Why you need the variance ie usually continuation of care. How you would meet their needs eg sleeping, feeding, out and about, space, resources etc. I dont think anyone could actually write one for you because arrangements are personal to your situation but I would be happy to read it over for you.

balloon
22-09-2008, 05:28 PM
I may be wrong, but isn't the child's name supposed to be kept confidential?

When I applied for my variation, I called them baby A, baby B and child C

My variation was granted and nobody questioned the lack of names.

crazybones
22-09-2008, 05:36 PM
I used first names with mine. Sorry.

balloon
22-09-2008, 05:41 PM
No need to apologise hun, it was my misunderstanding.

I get so confused with all this 'who can know what' business, it scares me to death that I'll say the wrong thing to the wrong person, lol!

kiddiwinks
22-09-2008, 07:29 PM
I used names also, as ofsted see childrens names when they inspect us or schools so did not think it problem to put names.

JoeBloggs
22-09-2008, 08:00 PM
basically, in some situations where you would overlap and go over your numbers, having the full childs name allow for the certificate to specifically list the childs name as being allowed for x overlap. so it can help get some variations agreed upon.

for the rest of it, as said above just be as detailed as possible, and if any of the children are siblings be sure to mention that as it can help us agree on it(rather than split siblings up)

cloud9
23-09-2008, 09:38 AM
i was given a variance but had to give the children's full names and dates of births. But on the certificate it just stated may care for x amount of children except when the named children are present and then may care for x amount. The certificate didnt state the name son it though.

melanieabigail2004
23-09-2008, 10:08 AM
My letter was 2 sides of A4. I also did a table showing names, ages, how long they would be with me and their relation to me. I explained how I would manage three under 5s and what equipment I would need etc.

Mel