PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted inspection...

hbomb1
22-09-2008, 09:53 AM
What time do the inspectors normally show up?

I got a call last Tuesday advising me that they are coming to inspect me, but they refused to tell me when. All he said was "it is unlikely to be this week" which was obviously last week.

I was hoping they would arrive today but no sign as yet, so just wondered if anyone knows what time they usually arrive at. If it's normally first thing then I can relax and assume they are not coming today.

kats
22-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Hi my inspector arrived at 9.30 but i did ask what would be the latest she would arrive so i didnt have to stay in all day and she said that ten oclock would be the latest, hope she comes soon so you can get it over and done with:)
Kats xx

sue m
22-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Good luck Helen, let us know!!! :thumbsup:

katickles
22-09-2008, 10:27 AM
I also checked what time as i didn't want to keep the children in all day everyday until they showed & my inspector said 10:30, but I have heard of inspections in the afternoon so really not sure.

Good luck though hun x

sarah707
22-09-2008, 10:32 AM
I was told I could go out for the day if she didn't come by 930...

Good luck Helen! :clapping:

sue m
22-09-2008, 10:32 AM
They have to give you some idea of time though in case you do the school run or want to go out don't they?

hbomb1
22-09-2008, 10:39 AM
The guy who telephoned would not tell me when they would be coming even though I asked for an indication twice. All he would say was that it was unlikely to be this week (last week), and that he would be coming to inspect me with another colleague. He asked what days I mind current child and made a note of them. He asked if I had been on the EYFS training and if I had a current paediatric certificate and that was it. He then rang another CM in our village and told her he would be visiting either next week or the week ago (ie this week or next week)!

Most people I have spoken to are usually given a date for their inspection. :( but not me...

Thank you everyone for your good wishes; I will let you all know the outcome as soon as I know.

Bushpig
22-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Mine was a few mins late, but had forewarned me re this, as she did not know my area at all. I made sure I made no plans with other minders/playdates that day!

Bushpig
22-09-2008, 10:42 AM
The guy who telephoned would not tell me when they would be coming even though I asked for an indication twice. All he would say was that it was unlikely to be this week (last week), and that he would be coming to inspect me with another colleague. He asked what days I mind current child and made a note of them. He asked if I had been on the EYFS training and if I had a current paediatric certificate and that was it. He then rang another CM in our village and told her he would be visiting either next week or the week ago (ie this week or next week)!

Most people I have spoken to are usually given a date for their inspection. :( but not me...

Thank you everyone for your good wishes; I will let you all know the outcome as soon as I know.

Yes... we are generally told date and time! Well, try and be prepared every day for them, yet go about your business as you usually do... is difficult I know!

hbomb1
22-09-2008, 10:44 AM
If they come tomorrow then I will have to boot them out whilst I go and pick up from playgroup...

Wish they would hurry up...keep looking out of the window to see if they are here!!! :panic:

DudleyChildmind
22-09-2008, 11:30 AM
If they haven't finished their inspection they will probably want to go with you to pick up the children :)

hbomb1
22-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Honestly?! :panic:

But there will be two of them...they will look like my bodyguards...LOL!

buildingblocks
22-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Yes... we are generally told date and time! Well, try and be prepared every day for them, yet go about your business as you usually do... is difficult I know!

That is not necessarily true both of my inspection has been with no set day or time. We will be there sometime in the next three months (pre ECM inspections) was the first one and I made the mistake of not going out anywhere apart from the two days i said I was out in the morning and went stir crazy. inspector cam from an hours drive away in Sheffield. The last time round was rung up and told will be coming this week what days do you go out anywhere. Was not told a specific day (but basically told her I was out three days leaving a possible of two learnt the hard way last time) and not told a time. I presume they allow for school runs, nursery runs, etc but my friend had a phone call saying we will be there in next hour.

not much help sorry

Rubybubbles
my inspection was at lunch time:eek: arrived at 12pm (was 3 years ago now!) so they watched and read whilst I was doing the lunch then all 3!! went to bed:clapping: whilst I chatted the the inspector!

She then came back the next day (after leaving around 2pm day before) around 3:30 (I knew she was coming) to watch me a bit more with the children:clapping:

good luck hope they come soon, just TRY and carry on your normal day and if they turn up, show them where your P&P's are, give them a cuppa and say I'll be over here if you need me:laughing:

buildingblocks
If they come tomorrow then I will have to boot them out whilst I go and pick up from playgroup... Wish they would hurry up...keep looking out of the window to see if they are here!!! :panic:

Some will just sit in the car until you return others will go with you on the run.

angeldelight
22-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Just be prepared

Good luck Helen

Angel xx

hbomb1
22-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Thanks everyone.

Well I have just put all my folders back away, and will get them ALL out again in the morning just in case they decide to show.

Will keep you posted...

donnahay0
22-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Well if he couldn't give you an indication of what time he would be there by then you can't give an indication if you are going to be available or not - you can't sit around waiting forever - you have children to look after.

Mine have always said if they are not there by 10am then they won't be there that day.

donnahay0
22-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Oh and I also wanted to say GOOD LUCK - I am sure it will be ok.

JoeBloggs
22-09-2008, 08:27 PM
hmm, they should give you a time, i'd give them a call :)

michellethegooner
22-09-2008, 08:36 PM
I normally tell them bout school runs/ playgroups etc and I must say on all my previous inspections they have told me what time they will arrive BY and if they havent then I should go about my daily routines.

Good luck by the way xx

hbomb1
23-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Hi all,

Just rang Ofsted to ask if they are likely to arrive today as I want to go out. Inspector advised to go about my daily routine as normal, so I said does that mean you won't be coming then and he said we won't be coming this week as he has some things to do, one of which is me. Eh? Probably means he cannot understand my SEF and wants to re read it! He did advise though that he will definitely come and inspect me next week.

So, that means doing my special clean (AGAIN) on Sunday! :angry:

Why they cannot just give me a date and time....!

Rubybubbles
23-09-2008, 01:24 PM
hehe!! The whole point is they 'catch' you working as a normal day so they shouldn't even phone to say will you be about next week:littleangel:

tinkerbelle
23-09-2008, 01:31 PM
OMG are they allowed on the school run with you and do they go in their own car ?
what would happen during inspection as i have a morning drop off 9am a 11.30 collection a 12.30 drop off and a 3pm collection all are carried out in cars as distance between schools etc .
if they are inspecting and school run is due am i able to kick them out etc getting confused now as previous inspections only 1 person turned up and lasted max 2 hours now they can go on all day apparently!!

sue m
23-09-2008, 02:58 PM
I've had 'the phone call' today!!!!!!! The inspector rang me and was coming out to see me in the next couple of days. I said that's a shame because I haven't got the children till Friday so she said that was fine, she wouldn't come when they're not here so she will ring me again mid October! Phew. Got some breathing space and a bit of an idea when it might be now!!! She was really nice and we chatted for half an hour with me moaning about the paperwork (?!) and she said don't worry about it, we're human. Thought I'd best not comment on that one! :D

fiona
23-09-2008, 03:06 PM
hello.... my inspection was the 10th of this month, they called on the 8th to say they would be with me wed or thur, before 1030am, they could not give me a exact day or time. i hope all goes well for you..... sure you'll be just fine!!!!

mum22
23-09-2008, 03:07 PM
When I had my last inspection, they said if i needed to go on school run, ten they would wait in their car. I would not like to take an inspector in my car, it would be like having a driving test as well as an inspection:panic: surely you can ask (politely and firmly) for them to wait in their own cars ???

mertonparker
23-09-2008, 10:12 PM

I HAVE NEVER BEEN TOLD WHEN THEY ARE COMING IN THE PAST:( , SO I DO HOPE THAT THEM TELLING YOU WHEN CATCHES ON WHERE I LIVE:)

THEY HAVE RUNG ASKED USUALLY DATES/TIMES NOT IN AND THEN IVE HAD TO PREPARE EVERYDAY...UNTIL THEY CAME. IF WE WERE DUE TO GO OUT TO DROP INS' I CANCELLED ALL OF THEM AS TO BE IN JUST IN CASE...TO GET IT OVER WITH.

AH WELL IM OVERDUE MY INSPECTION NOW IT WAS DUE IN JUNE:panic:

MAY START TO DREAD THE PHONE RINGING NOW:blush:

MERTONPARKER.X

emmadines
27-09-2008, 11:14 AM
my inspections at 2pm on monday comming :panic: :panic: