PDA

View Full Version : To be ready???

SonnysMummy
21-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Hello,
I've been registered since July and i know that Ofsted should come for my first inspection within the first 6 months so could be anytime:eek:
I just don't feel ready at all!!! Still trying to get my head around everything and to be organised properly...also i only have 2 children on my books at present which are after schoolers, 3 times a week so not full whatsoever!!!
Basically there is still so much more i want to get resources wise and with money being so tight i can't afford it all. Do i need it all for when Ofsted come or will a wish list be enough so they know i am aware i need it. I've hardly got anything multi-cultural and it all seems so expensive. There are no cheap places nearby to get multi-cultural stuff from as i don't live in a very ethnic diverse area.
Help!!!

sarah707
21-09-2008, 08:32 PM
You can do a lot with photos and posters and books... have a look at this thread for more suggestions...

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=41&highlight=multicultural

A wish list is good but you need the basics in place after 6 months of working... see what you can get for free first!

miffy
21-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Don't worry too much - concentrate on getting your paperwork up to date and make sure you have a few toys/resources suitable for each age group.

Good luck

Miffy xx

angeldelight
22-09-2008, 07:02 AM
Make a poster with the kids

Get some old mags etc - a large piece of paper - the back of old wallpaper will do

Get the kids to cut out the faces of different people and stick them all over

Do it when the inspector comes

There is heaps of information on the forum - you dont need lots of money - print of some things

Good luck with your inspection hope you dont wait long

Angel xx

Bushpig
22-09-2008, 07:44 AM
I have spent loads this past year, setting up. I have also got some things for free (networking with friends who have things like a big kitchen play unit their children have grown out of!). There are loads of free resources too though... this forum is great for that. Have a look around - I wish I'd found this site earlier :)

For the inspection, ensure your paperwork is up to date!!! Very important. Make posters etc. yourself as mentioned - far more personal and a great activity for the kids!

tulip0803
22-09-2008, 10:18 AM
On my last OFSTED inspection, before moving to Wales, the inspector noticed that one of the library books I had was multi-cultural (I never noticed) so you could get books from the library. If you speak to your local library and tell them you are a childminder they may have special memberships. In Essex I was allowed to take out 30 books for 3 months:) .