PDA

View Full Version : Friendship Tree

Tatia
21-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Entry taken from my blog

This was great fun. As you can see, we used footprints for the trunk and handprints for the leaves. This was very much a group effort at drop-in group and turned out to be very successful. Each child's photo and name will be on a green cut-out leaf and when they attend, they will be able to choose their photo and stick it on the Friendship Tree. We are hoping this will facilitate the recognition of their own face and name as well as enhance their sense of belonging. We are very proud of what we have achieved so far, in partnership with the Rainbow Children's Centre and our Friendship Tree is symbolic of the growth, strength and team effort it has taken to get us where we are!

http://www.freewebs.com/yourlittlestars/photos/Fun%20stuff/P9120073.JPG

ajs
21-09-2008, 10:37 AM
that's reall lovely tatia
i am hoping to make a family tree with the kids this week, going to get them to make the trunk tomorrow (hopefully if the weather is not too nice as we'll want to be out if it is)
and put photos up on velcro so they can use it as a register if the kids want

nannysue
21-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Thats really lovely, i bet it was fun to make :clapping:

Sue x

miffy
21-09-2008, 10:41 AM
That's great Tatia

Miffy xx

Tatia
21-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Yes, we used velcro, too. Makes it easier. I had originally planned to use this idea in my setting but I've only got 2 little ones during the day who are gone by the time the older school kids get here. So I adapted it for drop-in instead. Lots of little ones (including my 2) to benefit from it.

We painted the bottoms of their feet and carried them to paper as we were after a more 'finished' product. Not very creative and a bit prescriptive so if you want to just let them step in plates full of paint and go for it, you could! We will definitely do that some time but this was for a particular project so we guided them a lot. We had about 20 one, two and three year olds there! Imagine them all stepping in paint!:eek:

emler
21-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Fantastic Tatia - I love it :thumbsup:

Bushpig
21-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Yes, we used velcro, too. Makes it easier. I had originally planned to use this idea in my setting but I've only got 2 little ones during the day who are gone by the time the older school kids get here. So I adapted it for drop-in instead. Lots of little ones (including my 2) to benefit from it.

We painted the bottoms of their feet and carried them to paper as we were after a more 'finished' product. Not very creative and a bit prescriptive so if you want to just let them step in plates full of paint and go for it, you could! We will definitely do that some time but this was for a particular project so we guided them a lot. We had about 20 one, two and three year olds there! Imagine them all stepping in paint!:eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

angeldelight
21-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Thats lovely Tatia

Angel xx