PDA

View Full Version : Silly question but need clarification!!!

Nettynoo
21-09-2008, 09:16 AM
With the visitors book, do we have to ask parents who are dropping off children to sign the book?
Just wondered as will have other children in the house that don't belong to them so surely I have to ask them to sign as they are strangers to those children and nothing to say for 100% that they are all nice, safe people!!!!! Should have parents CRB'd too!!!!!
Sorry if it is a silly question but I can't decide what to do for the best!!! Plus, I look very lonely as no visitors as yet!!!!!!!

miss mopple
21-09-2008, 09:22 AM
If they are just dropping off/collecting then I dont.

But if a parent comes for a meeting/ drops in for coffee and I am not actualy minding their child then they sign it

MrsT333
21-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Morning! :)

I was just going to ask the same question!

So we do need a visitors book?

Do our own family have to sign it?
Say if Granny just pops in for coffee?
Or childminder friends and there children?

Do they all have to sign it?

I'm abit confused :panic:

Stacey
21-09-2008, 10:18 AM
I get everyone who comes into my house to sign it including family members which pop round. I dont get parents to sign it though.:cool:

Lou
21-09-2008, 10:35 AM
I get everyone who comes into my house to sign it including family members which pop round. I dont get parents to sign it though.:cool:

Yeah i do the same

miffy
21-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Under "statutory guidance" Premises and security (page 24 of the statutory framework) it says

Providers should consider where relevant:

- the use of a system to verify the identity of any visitors, record their names, the purpose of their visit and details of arrival and departure times.

I wouldn't record parents just dropping off/collecting children because you will know which children were with you by your daily register.

I would record any other childminders and the names of the children who accompanied them; friends and family members who don't live on the premises; parents who are visiting the setting with a view to placing their children with me (if the visit is made when I'm minding; parents who visit/stay for more than 15 minutes when I'm minding whether or not I'm looking after their child; workmen and, of course, your Ofsted Inspector :D

HTH

Miffy xx

buildingblocks
24-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Morning! :)

I was just going to ask the same question!

So we do need a visitors book?
under old standards no but it got extra brownie points with Ofsted as classed as good practice not sure under EYFS but those more knowledgeable will have answered by now

Do our own family have to sign it? yes if I have mindees present but not hubby although am trying to find a way of adding that he is here as he is a minder in his own right and picks up from PG for me when he is at home (does shift work)

Say if Granny just pops in for coffee?yes
Or childminder friends and there children?yes just put minders name and with mindees don't sign all mindees in separately

Do they all have to sign it?

I'm abit confused :panic:

hoep that has helped but no doubt others have already answered you