PDA

View Full Version : Artifical grass

Angela234
20-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Does anyone have artifical grass?

I have hardly use my front garden this year the grass is so bare so very muddy too messy for the kids to go on. But its south facing so the winter its the warmest side i was wondering if artifical grass laid would solve the problem i would patio it (already have a small patio area )but use the slide on it.

Are back garden is all patio that north facing lovely in the summer not too hot but very cold in the winter.

Angela

LisaH
20-09-2008, 08:10 PM
I'd be interested to hear from anyone too!! I have quite a large grassed area in my back garden but it's always muddy and can't be played on most of the time!!! Would love a bit of astro-turf, heard its quite pricey tho.:)

miss mopple
20-09-2008, 08:15 PM
I have a friend (also a childminder) who had it done recently and shes delighted with it.

I think it cost her about £600 for her small garden.

I'm trying to convince DH that its a good idea but he's not convinced

angeldelight
21-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Think most of us would love it

But affording it is a different matter I think

Angel xx

CCJD
22-09-2008, 04:50 PM
I really wanted this as our garden was a constant mud pit but hubby was dead against - not so much due to price but becuase he said that if our boys played footy on it they would get burns ?? I did convince him however to have most of our garden decked - although I am not a fan of over decked gardens - when the alternative is mud I was all for it. We now have a decked area some 7 metres by 10 metres and it is fab!! Kids can go out so long as it isnt raining and they have a great area to play and run. The guy who did my decking did say that there are a number of very affordable fake grasses that you can get now - so it is probably worth looking into it.

Angela234
22-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Thanks for your replys i have looked up our garden centre who had some samples i didn't like them wouldn't like to sit on them.

Might have to put up with what we have (muddy patches) for now.

Angela

Twinkles
22-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Funnily enough my dh was looking at this on the internet a week or so ago.
He thought it would be a great idea ( he hates cutting the grass ) untill I pointed out that the rabbit would not be happy :laughing: