PDA

View Full Version : baby sitting service

sarahstanbridge
19-09-2008, 04:05 PM
hi all, after losing another child this morning to the breakfast club at my local school , i am thinking about ofering a baby sitting service some evenings. do any of you do this and if so what do you charge? i used to be registered with sitters but the jobs they offered were to far away and always clashed with hubbies shifts. do you need extra insurance to babysit? is there anything else i need to know? this is just an idea at this point as i need to boost my income until i can fill my baby space.

:idea:

Jules12Wed
19-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Sorry never done babysitting or at least not for money. Only ever sat for friends children. Hopefully someone will have some suggestions.

I am sure there was something on here the other day about babysitting i'll see if I can find it or someone else may find it first.

Jules12Wed
19-09-2008, 04:29 PM
This may help

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=12724&highlight=babysitting

LittleStars
19-09-2008, 06:36 PM
I do babysitting. Am always booked Saturdays and then usually 1 or 2 days a week. I charge £7ph (minimum of £25 per evening). Im in London so am fairly cheap for this area (most nannies charge £8-£10).

TBH its exhausting. I work an 11 hour day as a cm, finish, tidy up, get my kids ready for bed, babysit and then home and zonk.....sometimes its really hard if its a difficult child other times its like getting paid for watching telly.

I never have trouble getting bookings

Nicki L
19-09-2008, 06:38 PM
tbh i have never thought bout adding babysitting to my workload. would be interesting to see what rules and regs there are though!

good luck x

Kes
19-09-2008, 07:15 PM
If you have public liability insurance with NCMA you can buy there babysitting checklist then if anything happens you are covered. As far as rules and regulations go I don't think there are any and you don't have to have insurance.
I have got some babysitting jobs through netmums by posting an advert on the child care board.

Kerry.

sarahstanbridge
19-09-2008, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=Kes;231939]If you have public liability insurance with NCMA
QUOTE]

i have just taken out MM insurance. i didnt renew with NCMA as it was cheaper to go with MM
. thanks

Jules27
19-09-2008, 08:46 PM
I have recently started advertising babysitting service as could really do with the extra cash. No calls/emails yet, not holding my breath but at least i've tried!!:)

buildingblocks
24-09-2008, 08:53 AM
hi all, after losing another child this morning to the breakfast club at my local school , i am thinking about ofering a baby sitting service some evenings. do any of you do this and if so what do you charge? i used to be registered with sitters but the jobs they offered were to far away and always clashed with hubbies shifts. do you need extra insurance to babysit? is there anything else i need to know? this is just an idea at this point as i need to boost my income until i can fill my baby space. :idea:

As has been stated your childminding insurance doesn't cover you as a babysitter. NCMA now do a checklist if you babysit which if completed covers you with your insurance but if you don't use their checklist you are not covered. I have no idea about MM insurance would check with them but to be honest they usually follow what the NCMA offer as far as I can see.

I use the checklists as I work with a family where I take the children home around 6.30pm and stay till both parents get in about 10pm. Very rare occurence but the forms have been a godsend to me as before this I had to invoice till 6.30 and then mum paid me as a babysitter and signed a form to say she understood my insurance didn't cover me and that form when I entered their house I was no longer childminding

devoncm
24-09-2008, 09:48 AM
Im with mm tho currently dont offer babysitting but had some info sent from them couple weeks ago saying that they cover babysitting-which iss why im considering it now, take a look on there website to be sure.