PDA

View Full Version : Home schooling alonside nursery

Paula J
19-09-2008, 09:16 AM
My neigbour has just come round his little girl lives with mum and he has her when agreed. She started nursery Yesterday but was told by nursery that she is only coming two mornings and is having home schooling with her minder the other days. He has phoned mum and she has confirmed this but he is worried about how she will deal socially with this as she loves been around children and how he can check what she should be doing with her minder etc I dont know anything about this can any one help:) Paula

sarah707
19-09-2008, 09:35 AM
This is offered by minders who are accredited and is a great way to complement a child's learning in a busy setting with lots of one to one.

The child will do the full curriculum through both settings and the cm will work closely with the nursery so the child receives the required amount of education in the funded sessions each week.

Personally I think it's the best a child can get and if they let us do it in Cheshire, I would be in there straight away and I know a number of parents would prefer it.

Tell the dad the child is very lucky and the best thing he can do with his dd is be there and give her his time and attention. :D

berkschick
19-09-2008, 09:37 AM
I agree with Sarah.

I looked into getting accredited yesterday but it is not avaliable in our area either :(

brillminder
19-09-2008, 05:01 PM
its funded sessions un less he means home ed, they are different? he needs to Find out what she is receiveing ?

Trouble
19-09-2008, 05:21 PM
my mate home eds and i wouldnt think 2 about it if i had more time:clapping: :clapping: