PDA

View Full Version : Panic

Stacey
19-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Hi,
Ive just had my first college lecture as ive started the NVQ level 3. Now im in abit of a panic as to find time to do all the work. I look after 5 kids in the week and in bed by 9 as im so tired and i have 2 kids of my own to spend time with aswel. Cant help thinking have i done the right thing with taking on this course.:panic: :panic:

Paula J
19-09-2008, 08:49 AM
It is alot of work I am half way though it and like you say we work alot of hours but I often find doing mine takes me away from everything else and to be honest once i get going I loose track of time If you want any help or advice you can e-mail me Paula:)

Mollymop
19-09-2008, 08:49 AM
I haven't done the course, but I know how you feel!

I have to be up at 6 every morning and start work at 7am until 6.00 - 6.30 every week day. On Tuesdays I will get a few hours to myself but apart from that I don't get anytime to do paperwork, let alone coursework!

I am doing my Quality Framework and my SEF at present and I am finding it hard to complete them.

By the time the children have gone hoem I have to dish tea up for my family and then it's homework, storytime, reading and bath. By the time my 2 arein bed I ge about an hour or 2 to relax then I am in bed myself.

I don;t like to spend my weekends doing paperwork, but that is what I have been doing lately.

And to think, I have sent off my grant form to do my nvq3 - and I just don;t think I am going to be able to find the time to do it!

Stacey
19-09-2008, 09:08 AM
To just make things a little harder we are moving house and ive discovered im pregnant. Trying to keep calm so I dont have a nervous breakdown!:panic:

Paula J
19-09-2008, 09:38 AM
At least you will have maternity leave to do it:blush: Would not like to be in your shoes you certainely have alot on but like I said if you decide to do it and get stuck you can e-mail me and I will help if I can I have done 4 got them all back passed with flying colours and just handed 2 more in Paula:)

sarah707
19-09-2008, 09:38 AM
First of all... breathe!

The best thing to do is to look at your week and ink into your diary 2 lots of study time...

Look at an evening when you can maybe juggle things around to fit in a couple of hours... and one block at the weekend, maybe on a Sunday if someone can take the children out or you can shut yourself away.

That time is totally devoted to studying and you don't so much as wash a pot until you've sat down and got something done.

Good luck! :D

Stacey
19-09-2008, 09:50 AM
I will take all that on board, thankyou. Nothing happens at home for ages and all of a sudden theres too much going on. I suppose thats life eh?? I cant join the NVQ discussion room yet as I havent been a member for that long so will definately ask for your help if I get stuck.
Thanks guys.