PDA

View Full Version : Urgent price help please.

emmadines
18-09-2008, 08:39 AM
Hi I have a friend who has had a mother who just called requesting over night care. the times needed are 4pm to 8 am should she do a fixed price or hourly. if so what do you Suggest
this mum is comming in an hour and a half's time

Mrs M
18-09-2008, 08:46 AM
I charge a fixed rate for overnight care but have found out it's very reasonable compared to other childminders! Will up it next year!
I suppose she needs to take into account dinner, breakfast etc.
Not much help sorry. Hopefully someone else will come along with a better reply!

Tatia
18-09-2008, 08:55 AM
16 hours?! Wow. That'd be £56 if I charged hourly. You'd obviously have to do dinner, give bath and then get child up and dressed in the mornings and give breakfast...that's a toughie because the majority of time is spent asleep.

Is this fulll-time or a one-off? If it were one-off, I'd charge hourly but if it were full-time, I'd be tempted to give them some sort of sessional rate. Oh dear, I'm not helping at all! I think I'd need to seek opinions, too!

emmadines
18-09-2008, 08:56 AM
16 hours?! Wow. That'd be £56 if I charged hourly. You'd obviously have to do dinner, give bath and then get child up and dressed in the mornings and give breakfast...that's a toughie because the majority of time is spent asleep.

Is this fulll-time or a one-off? If it were one-off, I'd charge hourly but if it were full-time, I'd be tempted to give them some sort of sessional rate. Oh dear, I'm not helping at all! I think I'd need to seek opinions, too!

its one night a week

Tatia
18-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Maybe full hourly rate up until bedtime and then reduced rate until whatever time child is gotten up in the morning? I'm really stumped with this one cos I don't do overnight care.

lissy
18-09-2008, 08:57 AM
I charge a standard rate of £45 for an overnight, never done one though!

Tatia
18-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Oh never mind then, full hourly rate plus extra for dinner and breakfast. That's a lot of work for once a week, might as well make it worthwhile.

emmadines
18-09-2008, 12:43 PM
thankyou have passed on xxx

Chatterbox Childcare
18-09-2008, 12:48 PM
I would charge normal rate from 4pm-6pm and then £50.00 overnight then normal rate for breakfast in the morning and evening meal.

wendywu
18-09-2008, 01:22 PM
I charge normal rate up until 7 pm the £35.00 overnight. Then normal rate from 7am to 8pm. Then food on top.:)