PDA

View Full Version : Didn't want to get too attached...

Jules27
17-09-2008, 09:25 PM
To the little girl i've been minding as only temp basis, mum is now advertising for a new live in nanny, theirs left, hence why i aquired this mindee. Was meant to be for only 2 weeks, now on week 4 and she is just so sweet.Will be heartbroken when she goes. Mum was a bit quiet on collection today so am wondering if she has news for me but is stalling? Only been on a week to week basis so no notice required. Am sitting here with tears streaming down my face as I adore this little child.... guess was too good to be true, my phone is just not ringing.... all other minders in area are quiet too, starting to think I should never have gone into this. christmas and both kids birthdays looming and I may not have an income, great!:(

angeldelight
17-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Oh what a shame she is going to unsettle the little one again - shame she cant leave her with you

Sorry if she does leave - let us know

Hope you get lots of calls soon also

Angel xx

emmadines
17-09-2008, 10:33 PM
im dreading the time my mindees leave, what am i gonna be like?

fingers crossed that ur phone starts to ring soon!! what area are you in??

littlestar
17-09-2008, 10:36 PM
big hugs to you ive been reg since march and still only one mindee part time my phone wont ring either have you volenteered for witness protection kids with the childrens information centre they give you kids who parents are attending court for the day they get brought to and from your house and you invoice them try contacting them

Jules27
18-09-2008, 06:37 AM
big hugs to you ive been reg since march and still only one mindee part time my phone wont ring either have you volenteered for witness protection kids with the childrens information centre they give you kids who parents are attending court for the day they get brought to and from your house and you invoice them try contacting them

Thats an interesting idea, how do I go about that? Is there a website, or do I need to ring somewhere? Not heard of that!!

LisaH
18-09-2008, 01:27 PM
That's such a shame, lets hope she stays with you. hope you get some calls soon:)

Mrs.L.C
18-09-2008, 02:02 PM
You will have to drop suttle hints to the parent about keeping the child

Its hard when its quiet. I had to get a part time job when I first started as it was so quiet but I hope something comes up soon for you

Jules27
18-09-2008, 04:23 PM
You will have to drop suttle hints to the parent about keeping the child

Its hard when its quiet. I had to get a part time job when I first started as it was so quiet but I hope something comes up soon for you

HAd a word with mum this morning,she is really happy with our arrangment, but really does need a nanny. Think I will still have Lo for a couple of weeks or so so still time for that phone to ring. Am looking into p/t temp xmas work at the mo aswell. Feel bit better about things today!!:)

vix84
18-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Can you offer to do temp. nanny work untill she gets a Nanny and untill you get more mindees - but for a Nanny wage?!;)

Mollymop
18-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Sorry to hear that! It is such a shame on you and the little girl. Good luck filling your spaces, i hope another little one come along soon that you grow to love like this little one.

One of my mindees is leaving end of next week - I have only had her for 5 months, but it feels like for ever and I am going to miss her so much. She is not just leaving me but the whole country, so I doubt I will ever get to see her properly again!

Could you ask mum, that because you have grown to love the little girl, would she be interested in using you when the nanny has a holiday, etc.

Pudding Girl
18-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Seeing as you have no other mindees at mo, could YOU not be her Nanny until you get some contracts signed?

Jules27
18-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Seeing as you have no other mindees at mo, could YOU not be her Nanny until you get some contracts signed?

Not really as she really needs live in, I have my own 2 boys and husband to think about! Plus she has 2 sons aswell, her hubby works away in the week and she sometimes has to travel abroad for work so needs nanny to run household. I do have one other mindee which is only b4 and after school 2 days a week aswell. difficult situation really, she needs nanny come housekeeper!!!!.... don't like my own housework let alone someone elses.. lol!!!!:)