PDA

View Full Version : I wish I had been brave enough to say something!

Helen Dempster
17-09-2008, 07:44 PM
What do you think of this...? I was DISGUSTED and VERY ANGRY :angry: Yesterday, in town, I was walking along with my son, minding my own business (there were a couple of people walking close-by too, with their children), when all of a sudden, a man (and I use the word loosely!) was walking towards us with a buggy and 2 young kiddies (one was probably about 2 or 3, the other slightly older, 4 I would say. I don't know what the little 'un had done, but this 'man' suddenly pushed him really hard, made him hit a phone box and fall down, then pushed the other boy and started swearing - and I mean SWEARING - at them both! Called them f-g c's. It made my blood boil and I just wanted to get him by the scruff of the neck and give him a good kicking!!! I trained in the martial arts for 18 yrs so he wouldn't have got up too quick! It just made me so mad! Why do people treat kids like that????? :censored:

Hels xx

angeldelight
17-09-2008, 07:55 PM
I have no idea why people treat children like that

I am so glad I did not see it - it would have really upset me I hate things like that

You never know do you if you should say anything and if you dont you feel bad that you did not

Then you think if they are like that in public then what are they like at home with their children

Heartbreaking

So maybe yeah you should have knocked him out whilst you had the chance !!

Angel xx

sarah707
17-09-2008, 08:00 PM
I had a neighbour used to do things like that to her sons.

It took 7 years before social services stopped throwing money at her and pussyfooting around and actually take her children away from her...

And you know... the only way they could do it in the end was to get her for rent arrears and make her homeless... children need somewhere to live ... children go into care.

They are with a fab person now... but the abuse they suffered will stay with them a lifetime :(

Sorry this subject makes me so cross

LisaH
17-09-2008, 08:06 PM
It's hard to believe how some people treat children!! I would have been tempted to have a go at him too. Those poor little kidies.

A woman round the corner from me is just the same. You can hear her at all hours shouting and screaming at her kids!! They are late for school EVERY day and she verbally blames them out in public for being late. Horrible woman. Sometimes you don't know what to do for the best.:panic:

aims
17-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Gosh, no-one should every have to treated/spoken to like that. How awful to witness.

I must say I probably wouldn't have gone up to him, someone capable of speaking to a child like that isn't someone who's going to think twice about lamping the person who intervenes.

People like that make my blood boil though.

Twinkles
17-09-2008, 08:11 PM
This makes me mad too :angry:
Having looked after foster children for a few years it is clear that the law is firmly on the side of the parents and not the children.

I once was in casualty and a young woman came in with her son and proceeded to verbally abuse him for at least twenty minutes.
Not just cross as any of us might get but saying things like ' you've ruined my life' ' you are such a loser' ' you're completely stupid' 'I hate you' ' I don't want you around' and all this was said with such hatred I was nearly crying let alone the poor kid !
This often plays on my mind and I wish I had said something. Sometimes it's so hard to know what to do for the best.

cher25
17-09-2008, 08:14 PM
I've got a cousin who talks to her eldest like that and always has. The child is a pain and very cheeky, but i think it is due to her upbringing. I have always hated hearing the way she speaks to her, and the child(almost 14) has said in the past that she hates her mam and that's a very sad thing to hear.
I was a bit annoyed the other day when i picked my 4 yr old mindee up from school. When we came out the gates he and another child were play fighting briefly. The other childs dad picked him up by the neck of his jacket (at the back) and the poor child fell to his knees, then his dad picked him up by the neck of his jumper from the front while shouting at him. He then pulled the child up that way onto his bike(dad's) and rode off. I told the mindee off for play fighting as it isn't fair on the other children who then get into trouble for it.

fluffysocks
17-09-2008, 09:07 PM
It doesnt matter what a child has done they do NOT deserve that!! there are much better ways to deal with things. I hope one day when the boys are older they give him a good smack!! He would only have himself to blame!!! Lead by example.

Blaze
18-09-2008, 02:15 AM
:angry: This is one of those times when I truely hope the addage...What goes around..comes around is true!

yummymummy
18-09-2008, 08:27 AM
I did say something once in a similar situation and the woman turned on me in an aggressive way swearing and giving me verbal abuse of the type she had given her children. Her little girl was only about 2 years old and she had another one in a buggy aged about 1. She was at a bus stop and not one person said anything to her or come to my aid either. As another person said if that is how she treats her children in public what happens when they are at home?
I went home and cried my eyes out because I felt I maybe should have done more after getting partially involved.

kindredspirits
18-09-2008, 09:02 AM
i would have said something and probably got lamped - but i feel its soo important to make these people realise what they're doing is wrong. i never forget when i was aboutt 10 we were shopping in york and my 13 year old sister and i went off my ourselves, and she started beating me up - a policeman came and stopped her and she said 'its alright shes my sister' and he was like i don't care who she is you don't hit people. really shook her up.

anyway, what i'm saying is i probably would have said something but i know why people don't these days.

Annie_T
18-09-2008, 09:11 AM
oh the poor ickle ones, readign it makes me boil hun.
i know what you mean tho i would want say soemthing but wouldnt of.
people like that shouldnt have kids, they in danger

reminds me of man oposite me in flats .. i reported them for way he treated kids (1yr & 3yrs girls) youngest got thrown in flat and the dad screaming abuse then slapped her ... toys been thrown over balconay etc etc :angry:

i dunno what happened but i not seen them for while

kids dont deserve being mis treated poor things