jaytravis
17-09-2008, 04:27 PM
didnt say just said we cant

LisaH
17-09-2008, 04:51 PM
That's not fair!!! Let's all complain!! :laughing:

sarah707
17-09-2008, 04:53 PM
That sounds a bit of a swizz if you've got a morrisons close by...

Is it worth a letter to Head office?

Customer Services
Morrisons Head Office
Hilmore House
Gain LaneBradford
West Yorkshire
BD3 7DL

miffy
17-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Don't know anything about this promotion but yes definitely worth a letter - are you offering Sarah?

Miffy xx

jaytravis
17-09-2008, 05:03 PM
im rubbish at writeing letters would be handy if we did as we shop there

jellytot
17-09-2008, 05:13 PM
oh was thinking of getting them myself, it not fair we still do the same as nurserys and they can get them

sarah707
17-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Your address

Date

Dear Sir / Madam

Re ... no idea what they are...

I understand from promotional literature that Morrisons are offering Nurseries and Playgroups the chance to collect ... thingies...

I am an Ofsted registered Childminder. I do exactly the same job as a Nursery or Playgroup in that I look after children every day and I follow the latest Government statutory requirements for their learning, care and education. I do all this in my own home, meeting the same high standards as other settings, but without the financial backing that comes with belonging to a national or multi-national group or the job security that comes from knowing my wages will be paid every week.

I am confused, therefore, as to why Morrisons are not making their ... scheme available to Childminders. Does Morrisons feel that Childminders are somehow second class? Perhaps it is because we look after such low ratios of children that Morrisons do not feel it necessary to include Childminders in their considerations?

I hope you will reconsider your stance on this issue and look forward to your prompt reply.

Best regards,

I don't have a morrisons close so it would be a bit silly if I sent it! :D

cherry pink
17-09-2008, 05:44 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: way to go sarah. i have a mr m near me can i borrow your letter to send off what you wrote is so true for all these big companies not just mr m i can see your letter being used a fair bit in the future :D :D

Minstrel
17-09-2008, 05:47 PM
i think its highly possible that they didnt leave childminders out on purpose but that it just never occured to them. Hopefully this will give them the swift kick up the rear they need to include us!

Jules12Wed
17-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Wow Sarah what were you in a previous life. My letters never sound like that:thumbsup:

kindredspirits
17-09-2008, 05:59 PM
very nice - i collected a voucher today thinking 'ohhh childminders can do things like this'..... bah!! i'll send your letter sarah but do you think head office will be a bit suss if they get 100 copies of the same letter!?!?! lol

sarah707
17-09-2008, 06:41 PM
:laughing: Only 100??

angeldelight
17-09-2008, 06:47 PM
I have emailed them using the ideas from Sarah - thanks Sarah

I had to have a look around though because I did not have a clue what you were trying to get

Here is some information and some resources

I checked to see how you had to register

http://www.morrisons.co.uk/LetsGrow/Teaching-Resources/

Seems a bit unfair that we cant do it

I have emailed them anyway so I will let you know if and when I get a reply

Angel xx

chez1373
17-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Ive searched the site an i cant find an e.mail address any help please xx

angeldelight
17-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Ive searched the site an i cant find an e.mail address any help please xx

I dont think there is one on the site

I could not find one anyway just an address or the address of your local store

My friend works for them so does my cousin so I manged to get a email address for their manager

But you could always write to the store instead

Angel xx

miffy
17-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the link Angel

Hope you get a reply

Miffy xx

Annie_T
28-09-2008, 08:59 PM
do a pettion for cm's to sign that change their minds hehe

mandy moo
29-09-2008, 09:24 AM
I rang Morrisons up, hope you dont mind Sarah but I used bits in your letter whilst talking to the Lets Grow Team (0845 4590184).
I asked why as registered childminders etc we couldnt use them, she replyed that it was only for schools colleges nurserys etc,
Using some of the wording in sarahs letter I gave her my reasons as to why childminders should get them (thanks sarah):blush:
and then I basically told her I didnt think much of their customer service, she relented and told me if I go online in a few days they would accept my details etc,
So I asked if it would be applicable to all childminders or just myself,
No it wasnt applicable to any other childminders, just your self!!
Well is there anyone I can speak to/email re this query
I can take your details, talk to my manager and call/get back to you !!
Wouldnt/couldnt give me an email address & Forgot to take her name, :censored:
So we will wait and see..
Mandy

angeldelight
29-09-2008, 09:30 AM
My cousin works at Morrisons

He asked his manager for me and they said that if you contact your local store and complain then they should let you go online and register but you really have to have a good moan at them and put your point across

Not sure if this is true though I dont really use the store much

She actually agreed that it was not right

She also said if enough people contact their head office they would prob change the ruling because they do lisen to their customers

If you do contact them you could say you have been advised by one of their store Managers in Birmingham

Good luck everyone

Angel xx

lorraines little treasures
29-09-2008, 11:24 AM
hi, i have just got off the phoine from ringing morrisons up , and they said childminders wasnt allowed to collect the vouchersd on offer, i wasnt happy so i asked to speak with the manager " she said it was only for schools and nurseries, her name was "ruth " if anyone wants her name, i kept on telling her they we do the same as any nursery or school but sometimes better lol lol, :laughing: she took my name and phone number and says she will get back to me, which we will have to wait and see but i told her we as childminders wasnt happy about this, i also mentioned that tescoo's let childminders collect their vouchers when they are available for sports equipment, i read this on another thread on here, so if i hear anything i will let you all know.wish me look

lorraines little treasures
29-09-2008, 02:14 PM
just to let you all know, ruth has just rang from morrisons head office and she says " she has spoken to accounts manager and he is saying that for now only nurseries and schools can colllect them but they are going to review this in 2009 and include more settings, childminders, colleges etc,
i hope this help all other childminders who are wondering what is going on.

cherry
29-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Oh no I rang them this morning and was told that if I went online in 3 days time I might be able to register with them.

mandy moo
30-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Well I still havent heard from the lets grow team, from when I called them yesterday!not even a message on the answering machine. :censored:
That was 24 hours ago, dont think much of their customer service. Might give them another call.:(
Really get on their nerves:) they'll give it to us just to get rid of me. he he he

FizzysFriends
11-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Anyone got any joy out of Morrisons yet?