PDA

View Full Version : Parent information for diary

Mrs.L.C
17-09-2008, 03:15 PM
I usually do a daily diary book for my under 2's telling parents how they have been, what they have enjoyed, what they have eaten, sleep times, nappy changes etc but I now want to extend on this by showing parents what areas the activities have focused on by putting the codes eg. physical development -PD, Creative development- CD

So I need to explain to the parents what these mean and include. I have taken the info from the EYFS site but was wondering if someone would mind checking it for me

Thanks in advance

sarah707
17-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Are your parents quite savvy?

If they are then that reads really well...

If they're not, they might well go a funny colour and file it in the recycling.

I wonder about...

PSED - is about how children grow and develop and the ways they make friendships, learn to share and take turns... to help children grow in PSED, I will ...

Etc.

It will be great if parents share the things they do at home to support children. For example, does your child use a step for hand washing? What is your child's favourite cuddly or comfort object at home?

Mrs.L.C
18-09-2008, 07:04 AM
Iv got a mix of the 2. I want to stick it in the front of the book so parents can refer to it as they read their child's diary so something they understand and gives them an idea of what each area means