PDA

View Full Version : suddenly hit me!!

Mags
17-09-2008, 02:01 PM
This is the last week for one of lo's and i have known for the last few weeks the contract was ending.
She has been doing her settling in period this week and Dad told me this dinner time that this will be her last afternoon with me. Nursery want her there until three tomorrow and same Friday so it's pointless her coming to me after then.
It has suddenly hit me that this is it...no M after today.....i feel like going in a corner to have a good cry.
I honestly did not think that i would feel so sad, but i do.
I know i will be fine but i think it's come as a shock to myself for feeling this way....i will really miss her.

sue m
17-09-2008, 02:14 PM
I always felt like that cos I always had mine for quite a few years, this was from 1987 into the 90's. The wonderful thing is, the kids who were 2 at the time and who are like 15 now, their Mums still keep in touch and send me photos and emails or letters and birthday and Christmas cards and I've moved a long way from them now so hopefully yours will too. I know we miss having them there but knowing how they are doing when they're 'all grown up' and the fact that Mum and Dad want to keep in touch with you is lovely. :)

Annie_T
17-09-2008, 02:45 PM
aww bless hun, it ok to cry so if you wanna go ahead.

dont worry she be fine as will you, but yea i can see it would be upsetting x

ruby
17-09-2008, 02:57 PM
I had that feeling Monday when B finished he is going to a nursery by him but he lives about 12/13 miles away so we are not able to pick him up.

We had a lovely bunch of flowers and chocolates and also a great reference from them which made it all the more difficult not to cry when he left.

in this job i feel that you can't help but get attached to them especially if you have minded then for a while

cathy

sarah707
17-09-2008, 05:06 PM
I felt like that on Friday... it's like a sinking in your tummy isn't it?

All those years over.. but think how much you've achieved with the child!! :D

balloon
17-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Aw, I can imagine how you feel.

Hugs for you, hope they keep you in touch with how he's doing etc.