PDA

View Full Version : Child Questionaire feedback

maple
17-09-2008, 12:19 PM
I sent some questionaire's out to the children and parents I care for. One child has filled one out and has come back negative. He says he doesn't like coming because I am too bossy and tell him off. The brother has sent one back and his is totally the opposite. His mum has filled one in and is very happy with the care I am providing and very happy with the way I deal with behaviour. The child is very boistrious and does take things off my younger son all the time which I tell him he needs to share and play nicely. He likes to run his finger through the hedge when we walk home from school which I always have to ask him not to do as he could hurt his fingers on prickles etc. plus various other things. Not sure what to do with the information I have been given.

miss mopple
17-09-2008, 12:29 PM
I would suggest you have a conversation with him and maybe get him to contribute in devising a new set of house rules. If kids are involved in the rule making process they are keener to keep them ;) , which would hopefuly lead to less conflict.

Document it and that is your evidence that you have reflected on his questionnaire and taken steps to sort it.

Hope that helps!

maple
17-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks. I think I will do this and hopefully he will feel better. I think at home he is allowed to get away with a lot of things and the child is a handful.

Annie_T
17-09-2008, 01:05 PM
i agree with miss mopple hunyou need talk to him.

do you have house rules on display? (share toys, no biting etc etc)

maybe having a mini meeting with him, mum and yourself, so if you and mum can come up with soemthing together for him?

i wouldnt worry to much hun, my guess is he likes it his way and not others ..could be his age

maple
17-09-2008, 01:08 PM
We have house rules on display. His brother told his mum he was alway doing thing he shouldn't so that is why I have to speak to him. Just don't want it to look bad if ofsted see it.

Alibali
17-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Hey look at it as a positive, it gives you the chance to use his feedback to involve service users more in making up house rules etc, and if Ofsted are anything like the Care Commission they'll love it!:)

sarah707
17-09-2008, 05:12 PM
And you don't have enough pieces of paper to show Ofsted already??

If you can't lose it, then use it for personal development... ok, you've asked him and he's answered.

So how are the 2 of you going to work together to solve his issues?

This is about him and his perceptions and he clearly knows he's pushing the boundaries... so what does he want from you? How does he think he should be behaving? What does he think you need to do to make it right for him in your house?

Really work the subject and make it into a little book with him if he will play ball... anything to show you've taken the comments on board.

Good luck! :D

jellytot
17-09-2008, 05:14 PM
want to do a kids questionaire myself but what questions do you ask

maple
17-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the advice Sarah will try to see if he will co-operate with me.

Claireb I just put things like Are you happy coming to my house if not why? What things do you like doing at my house? Are there any toys that we haven't got that you would like me to buy?