PDA

View Full Version : Contract or no contract

Wendy Woo
15-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Right i have been approached by a mindees mums friend!! JOY she has asked if i can do her a favour in a couple of weeks and pick her daughter up as she has started a new job and has to do trainin for the day for it. I am able to do this but not sure wot paperwork to do for it.

Should i have a contract in place or not?

If so does it have to be the full ncma one as i think it maybe a waste dur to the fact that i dont think i will be having her again.

Can i make my own for it or would it be better usin ncma one!!!!!!???

Pluss do i need to do all permission slips or will it be ok top just do relevant ones for that 2hrs that i will ahve her?

Sorry to ramble on

Any help will be greatfully recieved

Thanx x x x x x

shopshelleyd
15-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Hi

If I do any casual ones I always do permission forms and child record forms properly but don't bother with contracts. As long as have everything in place so covered insurance wise and legally I think that is okay. I think contracts are more about getting paid and parents not just deciding not to bring or equally about you deciding don't want child and not giving notice.

Shelley

Chatterbox Childcare
15-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Anything up to 2 hours is classed as babysitting but if you go done that route make sure mum is aware of that.

Wendy Woo
18-09-2008, 07:57 AM
:update: :update:

mum is now sayin that she will bring me a form from the job centre as they will be payin for it and i need to fill out all my detailas and bank details!!!!

im not really happy with this as i dont want just anyone gettin hold of my bank details

im thinkin i might do this one pick up as a one of and tell her it wont be possible to do any others and that she can pay for the on eof one . its only gonna be 6 pound!!!!

is that mean or not!!!

plus she said it could take a few weeks to get my money!!!!! not goin thro that again £6 will end up bein £600 and ill be strugglin again to get money!!!!!!!

emmadines
18-09-2008, 08:13 AM
I take it that you dont actually know this woman??

have you an account that you hardly use? if so could you give those details? or maybe ask for the person who needs to be contacted at the job centre and sort the details out for that! Id be surprised that they will pay £6 to be truthful, not not worth the paperwork (for them to set up the $6 transfere etc)

crazybones
18-09-2008, 08:30 AM
I got paid throught the Job Centre once. They rang to ask my details over the phone and I wouldnt give them. I also told them I would not be giving my bank details to anyone. I sent them an invoice - they sent a cheque in the end but it took 3 months to get my money.

yummymummy
18-09-2008, 08:31 AM
I was approached by childrens services the other day. Would I pick up a child as her childminder couldn't that day and drop her home to mum. I have worked for them in the past so they have all my payment details. £4 they were going to pay me and I would have had to fill out a claim form, use a stamp to post it and wait between 2-4 weeks for the princely sum. Umm didn't take me long to make up my mind that it wasn't worth it!

Wendy Woo
18-09-2008, 02:03 PM
I was approached by childrens services the other day. Would I pick up a child as her childminder couldn't that day and drop her home to mum. I have worked for them in the past so they have all my payment details. £4 they were going to pay me and I would have had to fill out a claim form, use a stamp to post it and wait between 2-4 weeks for the princely sum. Umm didn't take me long to make up my mind that it wasn't worth it!

this is wot im maybe thinkin is it really worht it should i just pick the child up which apparently in now only for an hour!!!!! and let it go!!!!

Chatterbox Childcare
18-09-2008, 02:59 PM
I would tell mum that I would do it and let her claim the money back after she has paid me.

If I was giving an invoice it would be £17.00 per day for the job centre to pay.

As I said previously no contracts would be required as under 2 is babysitting