PDA

View Full Version : meals/food

mumx3
15-09-2008, 05:03 PM
If cm's charge seperately for meals on top of hourly rate how do you go about doing tax?

I am thinking if the parent pay for the meals seperately it is no longer an expense and so surely we cant claim tax back on the money we spend of ingredients for meals?

So how does this work?

Also the smae with outings...eg if we charge parents for entry to soft play then we cant use the receipt as expenses for tax purposes because we weren't left out of pocket.

Is this right?

venus89
15-09-2008, 05:06 PM
I don't put things in my accounts books which the parents have paid for (eg meals, outings) - You surely can't claim tax back on money you haven't acutally spent.....

sarah707
15-09-2008, 05:14 PM
You can only put through your expenses things which you actually spend money on...

So if parents pay for meals you would maybe tot up how much the meals actually cost and if that is more than parents pay, you could put the extra through...

But if parents money covers the cost, then you lose a big part of your expenses as you can't put food through :(

Chatterbox Childcare
15-09-2008, 06:37 PM
My income is everything that I am paid, whether for food, soft play, outings or earnings for work. I put everything through and then take off 10% of my total (this was confirmed as correct by the tax office) and I then claim all expenses relating to the activities I do and food I provide. Normally I land up paying for some of it on top of what I have collected.