PDA

View Full Version : Nits letter help

emmadines
15-09-2008, 12:35 PM
shrudder!

Ive got to write a letter to the parents with regards to nits being reported (sctaching!!)

I was wondering if this would be suitable??

Dear parents.

I am writing to inform you that there has been an outbreak of head lice in the setting so could all children and family members be checked and treated so that we can ensure that cross infection does not happen.

awwwww Im itching at just the thought of them!!!! (shrudder!)

LOOPYLISA
15-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Me too:eek: , sounds good though x

emmadines
15-09-2008, 12:50 PM

lol thanks

Bushpig
15-09-2008, 01:01 PM

Nitto! Oops.. I meant ditto!!! ;)

emmadines
15-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Nitto! Oops.. I meant ditto!!! ;)

:laughing: :laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
15-09-2008, 01:03 PM
I wouldn't say outbreak I would say we have had a case of nits....

emmadines
15-09-2008, 01:04 PM

yeah that does souns better thanks

mum22
15-09-2008, 01:05 PM
:laughing: agree outbreak sounds a bit dramatic:laughing: got me itching now:D

emmadines
15-09-2008, 01:07 PM
:laughing: agree outbreak sounds a bit dramatic:laughing: got me itching now:D

oooooo guess what ill be doing tonight

Annie_T
15-09-2008, 01:10 PM
oooooo guess what ill be doing tonight

checking your hair? writing the letter and having a nice cuppa too ???

emmadines
15-09-2008, 07:35 PM
checking your hair? writing the letter and having a nice cuppa too ???

yeah, checking my hair over and over again, and each time I get an itch lol ewww

Pipsqueak
15-09-2008, 07:38 PM
How about attaching some info on how to check and treat lice.

Treatment of Head Lice

Your local pharmacist can advise you on Head Lice Treatments.

One of the best methods of detection and treatment is:

REGULAR WET COMBING:

1) Make sure you have plenty of light, ideally sunlight

2) Wash the hair with a normal shampoo and apply enough conditioner to thoroughly cover the hair

3) Comb the hair with a normal comb to remove tangles

4) Touch the teeth of the detection comb to the skin, starting at the roots at the top of the head and comb to the ends of the hair, in one movement (keeping in contact with the skin for as long as possible) Work around the head in sections. It can take about 20 minutes to do properly.

5) After each stroke, look closely at the teeth of the comb for lice. If necessary use a tissue to wipe the conditioner of the comb and look for lice in it. Head Lice are small insects, not much bigger than a pin head but can be the size of a sesame see.

6) Rinse hair thoroughly and dry as normal

If you find a head louse, speak with your chemist, health visitor or doctor who can advise about treatments.

All bedding will need to be changed and washed (as will hats, anything that comes into contact with the head) and the whole family should be checked.

All identified cases of head lice should be reported and will be treated in confidence. Head lice are a common occurrence and not associated with being dirty.

emmadines
16-09-2008, 12:10 PM
How about attaching some info on how to check and treat lice.

Treatment of Head Lice

Your local pharmacist can advise you on Head Lice Treatments.

One of the best methods of detection and treatment is:

REGULAR WET COMBING:

1) Make sure you have plenty of light, ideally sunlight

2) Wash the hair with a normal shampoo and apply enough conditioner to thoroughly cover the hair

3) Comb the hair with a normal comb to remove tangles

4) Touch the teeth of the detection comb to the skin, starting at the roots at the top of the head and comb to the ends of the hair, in one movement (keeping in contact with the skin for as long as possible) Work around the head in sections. It can take about 20 minutes to do properly.

5) After each stroke, look closely at the teeth of the comb for lice. If necessary use a tissue to wipe the conditioner of the comb and look for lice in it. Head Lice are small insects, not much bigger than a pin head but can be the size of a sesame see.

6) Rinse hair thoroughly and dry as normal

If you find a head louse, speak with your chemist, health visitor or doctor who can advise about treatments.

All bedding will need to be changed and washed (as will hats, anything that comes into contact with the head) and the whole family should be checked.

All identified cases of head lice should be reported and will be treated in confidence. Head lice are a common occurrence and not associated with being dirty.

yeah theres a link on here somewhere, ive asked them to sent me a bunch of leaflets so next time i can hand them out alongside the letter to the parents. (which they are happy to send, which is great)