PDA

View Full Version : Recording comments from parents

DudleyChildmind
15-09-2008, 11:29 AM
I have never recorded the comments before so if anyone has any suggestions on the best way to do this I'd be very grateful? :)

katickles
15-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Why not have a compliments file? :)

jellytot
15-09-2008, 12:11 PM
what would you do? if they say something nice or sugest something do i get them to write it down

donnahay0
15-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Do you mean comments about you and your business in general or comments about their children.

I have a complaints and compliments book and I also put a copy of their replies to my parents questionnairs (with no personal info). Thankfully the compliments are filling up with (touch wood) no complaints. :)

On the other hand comments regarding their children's learning and development - the Ofsted inspector said it would be nice to see some record of communication. The diary is lovely but if the parent takes it away with them for a keepsake then we have no evidence.

I have now decided that I will give them a simple questionnair (simple boxes in the shape of a train) which they can fill out every month or so.

The questions are all based on what the child is doing at home i.e. New skills learned at home, new words, food tried, what they like doing/playing with, anywhere special they have been recently.

I specifically kept the boxes small and questions simple so they are more likely to complete it. This will go into the child's file which will be a record to show Ofsted that the parents are communicating back.

Bushpig
15-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Do you mean comments about you and your business in general or comments about their children.

I have a complaints and compliments book and I also put a copy of their replies to my parents questionnairs (with no personal info). Thankfully the compliments are filling up with (touch wood) no complaints. :)

On the other hand comments regarding their children's learning and development - the Ofsted inspector said it would be nice to see some record of communication. The diary is lovely but if the parent takes it away with them for a keepsake then we have no evidence.

I have now decided that I will give them a simple questionnair (simple boxes in the shape of a train) which they can fill out every month or so.

The questions are all based on what the child is doing at home i.e. New skills learned at home, new words, food tried, what they like doing/playing with, anywhere special they have been recently.

I specifically kept the boxes small and questions simple so they are more likely to complete it. This will go into the child's file which will be a record to show Ofsted that the parents are communicating back.

I think this is a fabulous idea Donna! Well done :)

DudleyChildmind
15-09-2008, 04:16 PM

Donna, do you use the same book or do you have two seperate books?

Mrs.L.C
15-09-2008, 04:50 PM

I

Dont worry to much about having evidence of a child once they have left. Ofsted are interested in the children you have in your care now

donnahay0
15-09-2008, 04:58 PM
I have one book - front for complaints and back for compliments - perhaps it should be the other way around.

DudleyChildmind
15-09-2008, 06:38 PM
I have one book - front for complaints and back for compliments - perhaps it should be the other way around.

Thanks Donna :)

bexcee
04-11-2009, 01:38 PM

Good idea, think I might start one of these too. Thanks! :)