PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Booklet

DudleyChildmind
15-09-2008, 11:22 AM
I have a booklet introducing myself and all about the service I offer but I don't know whether this is suitable to be called a 'Welcome Booklet' and I wondered if someone would be kind enough to tell me what kind of things I need please? :)

donnahay0
15-09-2008, 12:17 PM
I have a similar thing but I call my the Parents Pack.

I have all my policies and procedures, sample menu, sample activities, at the back I have all my forms that need completing, a bit about me and of course my price schedule.

Oh and a sample newletter goes in along with an introduction to EYFS leaflet.

I don't put references in because I have them in my portfolio along with my certificates etc.

You could also put some photos in - I haven't got round to doing this but I might do later (perhaps some of the children playing from behind or just of hands playing in the sand so no faces can be seen).

donnahay0
15-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Oh and I forgot I also give a personal information sheet which contains my contact information, ofsted tel no's etc.

I only give the pack out once they have signed a contract.

DudleyChildmind
15-09-2008, 01:09 PM
That's great Donna, thank you very much :thumbsup:

It's very similar to what I do already I just need to add a few more things.

hello kitty
15-09-2008, 01:14 PM
I have that sort of pack for the parents and I also do a small child friendly booklet for the child. It contains a photo of me (scary I know), pictures of my pets, a brief description of what we get up to and space for them to draw me a pic to put up on our wall when they start with me. :)

Pedagog
15-09-2008, 01:29 PM
I like the idea of a booklet for Children.

chez1373
15-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Im loving the idea of a childrens book,
Im so crap at things like this i end up spending loads on ebay lol
if its not written down page by page i will end up buying one lol

I have started doin my own an i did my own policies etc but i dont have a parents book i just have my portfolio with cert, drivin licence insurance, etc etc house rules cant think what else i have

donnahay0
15-09-2008, 05:02 PM
What a lovely idea -hope you don't mind I might just pinch that.

butterfly
15-09-2008, 08:00 PM
can i ask when you give this booklet out? At the moment I have a very large booklet (about 70 pages) which includes details about me and my family, activities, menus, activities, overnight care and all my policies. i have been giving this to all parents who visit me but obviously not all sign so i've given out 3 to parents who didn't sign. it costs a lot to print but parents are very impressed. i would like to make it into a pack with all the permission forms however this would add to the costs with printing and probably some sort of folder to put it in. should i continue to give to all parents or just those who decide to sign. i give out to all now so they can go away and read it in their own time and come back with any questions.

singlewiththree
15-09-2008, 08:08 PM
I'm just creating mine at the mo as on the ICP course. I'm planning on making a PDF doc which I sent to parents and then those who dont have computer access can have a hard copy. Saves on printing, I love the childrens book idea.

Mrs.L.C
15-09-2008, 08:13 PM
I have a pack/portfolio that i show parents with most of what you have mentioned in. They are given this to look at on their visit and are told they can look at it again at anytime and it is what usually prompts questions like ore info on the activities and outings or how many children do I have in my care.

I am considering of putting together a small pack like my contact details, fees, what they need to bring etc with my consent forms which will only go to parents who are going to sign contract.

I like the email idea

Saranotts
15-09-2008, 09:01 PM
I have that sort of pack for the parents and I also do a small child friendly booklet for the child. It contains a photo of me (scary I know), pictures of my pets, a brief description of what we get up to and space for them to draw me a pic to put up on our wall when they start with me. :)

What a fantastic idea, I already do I parents pack but hadn't thought about doing one just for the children. Many thanks have borrowed it (promise I will give it back later!) and just spent the last couple of hours making one and am already quite proud of it.

Cheers

Sara