PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork for over 5's

claires
14-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Hi, what, if any, sort of paperwork do you do for your over 5's?
I know they dont require planning as such...... but does anyone do it?
Also do you keep daily diaries etc for them?
Thanks, Claire xx

miffy
14-09-2008, 03:18 PM
I only do daily diaries for those within the EYFS

I still do planning of a sort for the over fives - what sort of crafts we are doing, what themes or festivals etc - but not as "formal" if that's the right word as for those within EYFS

HTH

miffy xx

sarah707
14-09-2008, 03:25 PM
For paperwork ... over 5s still need contracts, permissions, information forms to find out about them etc.

They are still within the Eyfs until age 17 so while your paperwork for obs and planning will be a lot less than a child within the learning and development requirements of Eyfs (up to end of Reception year), you still need to show you are meeting their individual needs.

Hope this helps :D

angeldelight
14-09-2008, 06:15 PM
I do the usual like those above

But we have so much work that I do actually have folders for the over 5s we have ring binders with pictures of that child and all their hard work in it
Well in fact some now have a few folders
I put their pics etc into different topic areas and different areas of learning
They go home with the child when they leave and parents love them

I dont really do a daily diary for my over 5s but have verbal contact with parents

Angel xx

Angel xx

karenjoy
14-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Like that idea Angel.

I have a 4 year old starting next month at full time school so I have just given her mum a excercise book which we can both write notes in and I will prob keep a folder now then with any of her work in and will put her a obs book in there.

butterfly
14-09-2008, 07:16 PM
i've got two starting this week and i'm intending to do short planning for them as they're only here for a couple of hours after school. i'm going to keep a learning journey book for them with their pics and photos in. i've also done a short daily diary for them with just what the snack was, what we did and space for me, their other setting and their parents to put in comments. i've just thought about this though and wonder what will happen to the diaries on the journey to school!!

claires
14-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the great advise ladies. I knew about the contracts and record forms etc, but just wondered what sort of daily recordings you guys did. Wanted to have something to show when Ofsted visit next month!!! Aaaaaargh!

Chatterbox Childcare
14-09-2008, 09:19 PM
For paperwork ... over 5s still need contracts, permissions, information forms to find out about them etc.

They are still within the Eyfs until age 17 so while your paperwork for obs and planning will be a lot less than a child within the learning and development requirements of Eyfs (up to end of Reception year), you still need to show you are meeting their individual needs.

Hope this helps :D

What do you mean by they are still in the EYFS until they are 17?

balloon
15-09-2008, 06:24 AM
Love the idea of ringbinders for their art work etc, I have a LO starting after school in January and might have to use that idea. ;)

Re EYFS and up to 17, that's confused me too, I thought EYFS lasted until the September after their 5th birthday - am I ever going to get to grips with this, lol!