PDA

View Full Version : Off to a great start

Tatia
14-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Wow! I have lost 4 pounds since...well, not sure since when. Last time I weighed myself properly, maybe a week or 2 ago? Anyway, I have a scale addiciton and was trying to stay off of them daily so was more than happy this morning to see I am down to 170 (12 stone 2 pounds)!!!!!!

I HATE admitting my weight but it's shock therapy and motivation for me to do so.

I've not made a huge big diet effort but I've made lots of little changes. I am doing aqua aerobics on Monday nights, Yolates on Wednesdays, plus doing those school runs 3 Xs a day again. I have upped my intake of water, stopped (yet again) the Pepsi and am trying to make myself have breakfast (porridge or toast). Next, I am tackling my lunchtime issues. Sometimes I let myself get really hungry and then head for bakery to get a BLT or something. Or snack on crisps (so I'm even hungrier come 4pm). I'm going back to having more fish, as well.

I love fish but family doesn't (unless it's from the chippy :rolleyes:) so I've bought a bag of frozen cod and will have some of that with a heaping helping of broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, whatever and a few boiled new potatoes for lunch this week.

Dinners are generally fairly healthy with at least 3 vegetables. I still try to arrange my dinner plate with 50% veg, 25% lean protein and 25% carb (brown rice or pasta or wholegrain cous cous and quinoa as often as possible but I do love potatoes!).

Lucky I've never been a sweets eater except for occasionally so that's not the trouble.

If I can dip into the 160s, I think I'll be really motivated and strong. So I'm making baby step goals at the moment. Right now, just want to lose 1 pound to be 169! That's it, just the one, teensy eensy pound. :)

Twinkles
14-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Well done you :thumbsup: keep up the good work.

miffy
14-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Well done Tatia - keep it up :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

crazybones
14-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Well done Tatia.:clapping: I have a scale addiction too. I do that thing were I jump off and have a wee in the hope I have lost another couple of pound :laughing: It doesnt work :mad:

I am not weighing myself until Wednesday morning - naked and after a wee. Because that is the end of my first week. I have been good except for a few drinks yesterday - well we did win :clapping:

mum22
14-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Tatia well done you, :clapping: keep it up and you will be in those 160's soon:thumbsup:

angeldelight
15-09-2008, 07:28 AM
Well done Tatia keep up the good work

Angel xx

Tatia
15-09-2008, 09:45 AM
I scored a mini-victory this morning. Had to pop to corner shop for bread for DDs lunch (as some person who shall remain nameless used the last and didn't warn me:mad: ) and had my hand on a 500ml Pepsi before I even thought abut it. And then I just stood there for a minute fighting an inner battle with myself and I WALKED AWAY!!! Gooooooo meeee! :cheerleader:

Aqua-aerobics has been cancelled tonight so I think I'll just go along and use the gym equipment instead, just to keep up momentum.

I had some left-over roast chicken this morning for breakfast.:laughing: Very Atkins-y of me, isn't it?:rolleyes: I was in a hurry, had no bread:angry: and thought oh yeah, I'll just heat a bit up. I think I like having that protein boost in the mornings.

angeldelight
15-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Surprised you are doing so well with all that talk about Chocolate

xx

Tatia
15-09-2008, 09:48 AM
:laughing:

Ah but chocolate is not my weakness. I can take it or leave it most days. It's crisps and Pepsi. And cream sauces with dinner. And portion control.:rolleyes:

LOOPYLISA
15-09-2008, 09:58 AM
:laughing:

Ah but chocolate is not my weakness. I can take it or leave it most days. It's crisps and Pepsi. And cream sauces with dinner. And portion control.:rolleyes:

Well done you:clapping: , crisps yummy though thats my weakness x

Tatia
16-09-2008, 06:47 AM
:update:

169!!!!!!!

I did it! :so happy: That's 12 stone 1 pound for you Brits. :D

Now my next eensy weensy goal is to get to 12 stone even. Just one ickle pound. :clapping:

Keep reminding myself...baby steps, baby steps, baby steps.

I missed out the gym last night due to a rotten filthy headache. My husband came home early to help me it was so bad. I'm sure it was caffeine/sugar withdrawals. :rolleyes: I won't forget my cuppa this morning to try and ease off.

angeldelight
16-09-2008, 06:50 AM
That is brill Tatia well done to you

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Angel xx

Bushpig
16-09-2008, 06:52 AM
Well done!!! :clapping:

deeb66
16-09-2008, 07:22 AM
You are doing so well Tatia.

Keep up the good work :thumbsup: