PDA

View Full Version : Taking Shoes Off

shopshelleyd
13-09-2008, 08:01 PM
I am so fed up of parents coming to collect their children and just walking in on my nice clean carpets with their shoes on. It is in my policies no shoes on in house and I have just done a newsletter and said in that could parents please either wait on rug inside door when collecting or take shoes off, however 3 parents this week just ignored (and I know they have all ready the newsletter). I can't even get kids ready for them coming because they can vary times by as much as 40 mins so never sure when coming. If they come early kids usually still eating tea so in they come with shoes on and sit down! I am so cross but haven't been able to say it their faces to take shoes off. It is so rude, I am sure they forget it is my home not public property. :mad: :mad: :mad:

angeldelight
13-09-2008, 08:04 PM
There is another post about this if you look around

Parents and children do not get past me till their shoes are off - my house and my rules

You need to be firm

I think its really rude when parents ignore this rule

Good luck

Angel xx

Lou
13-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Just stop them at the door and say sorry but could you take your shoes off if you are coming in please.

Its not rude, its health and safety, you could have crawling babies and you dont want them crawling in dirt.

I actually replaced all my downstairs carpets with wooden flooring last year, but i still insist parents take their shoes off for hygiene reasons!!

miffy
13-09-2008, 08:10 PM
There is another thread with a lovely poster about taking shoes off

You could print one off if you can find it

Miffy xx

shopshelleyd
13-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Yes, I get all worked up ready to ask them not to come in with shoes on and then can't do it, then as soon as they have gone my blood boils! I will have to be brave next week :)

balloon
14-09-2008, 06:24 AM
I say to anybody who comes to my door (in a light cheerful voice):

"We've got crawling babies in at the moment so can you just take your shoes of and pop them over there please"

Nobody has ever questioned it, they all take their shoes off and if they forget next time I just say "shoes please!" in a singsong voice and a smile as if I was reminding a two year old.

Keep at it, be firm too, its your home and everybody who comes into it should respect your wishes.

Annie_T
14-09-2008, 02:03 PM
put a sign up hun, i made one for another cm last week.
here you go (just click pic and then print, cut the area not needed)

shopshelleyd
14-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Hi thanks all for advice and poster is great, def going to print and put up ready for tomorrow.

This is such a fab site everyone is so friendly and helpful.

Shelley :thumbsup:

angeldelight
15-09-2008, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the poster Annie

Angel xx

Andrea08
15-09-2008, 07:32 AM
thank you i hope to print off poster too
cleaver girl you are
xxx

Bushpig
15-09-2008, 07:45 AM
It's always the same parents who need reminding... and the same parents who considerately remember :) Ah well. I too will persevere. I have cream carpets throughout and mud is a big no no... plus have crawling babies around. So am extra vigilant! I hope the poster works for you :)

sue m
15-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Thanks Annie, just printed off your poster, hope that's ok. :D

Annie_T
15-09-2008, 09:16 AM
yep anyone welcome to use the poster, anything else you need then if i can i will sort for you .. i not minding yet (first aid n oct :) )so i have more time than most i guess ...

just pm me anything you want me to have go at x

angeldelight
15-09-2008, 09:16 AM
yep anyone welcome to use the poster, anything else you need then if i can i will sort for you .. i not minding yet (first aid n oct :) )so i have more time than most i guess ...

just pm me anything you want me to have go at x

You may regret offering Annie haha

xxx

Annie_T
15-09-2008, 01:20 PM
You may regret offering Annie haha

xxx

lol maybe but we see, i have nothing else to do until minding, i just made a booklet for parents to read at home about my service and me haha just got upload a simple map of where i live now haha

Mrs M
15-09-2008, 05:58 PM
What gets me is that the children come in and sit down and say "shoes off" as I've trained them so well but the parents just walk in! I do have tiled flooring in my hallway so I just wipe it down with an antibacterial wipe when they've left.