PDA

View Full Version : What sahll I do RE choosing what school to send my dd

Shirlwith3
13-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Next week I am going to look at schools for Isla thing is one is right near me ( no need for car) but the other is a bit of a walk & is where I already pick up from but I really like the look of the one near me I am thinking of ending contract next yr when Isla starts as I would have to drive to both schools, I have also had calls for children at the school near me, but had to say no as I could not be 2 places at the same time.

Shirl

venus89
13-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Next week I am going to look at schools for Isla thing is one is right near me ( no need for car) but the other is a bit of a walk & is where I already pick up from but I really like the look of the one near me I am thinking of ending contract next yr when Isla starts as I would have to drive to both schools, I have also had calls for children at the school near me, but had to say no as I could not be 2 places at the same time.

Shirl

I would say that,as your daughter will always be with you and as your mindees may not then it's her interests that you ought to be looking at. We walk to school - the school is only 5 minutes away - and I thank my lucky stars every day that I do. There are Mums who turn up half an hour before school starts just to park. Yet we get to walk, and talk, and enjoy the sunshine (Ha, Ha) and the puddles, save money, be environmentally friendly.... Also, if the work's available at the closer school then that's a good potential source of business for you.

Cammie Doodle
13-09-2008, 11:18 AM
No contest Isla comes 1st , work your minding around her , I did with my son and never regretted it .:D

tulip0803
13-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Your family should always come first and then the mindees. Look at both but pick the school you think would be best for Isla. :D . If you choose the one nearest other children will come to you from that school

kindredspirits
13-09-2008, 06:50 PM
i'd definately go for the school you LIKE and not the one that is good for minding. you'll always find new mindees especially going to the school every day.

balloon
13-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Decide which school is best for your daughter and pick up from that one.

breezy
13-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Decide which school is best for your daughter and pick up from that one.

ditto! :)

LisaH
13-09-2008, 07:25 PM
ditto! :)

Yep me too!!:)

chez1373
13-09-2008, 08:36 PM
My son starts nursery in Jan and i had the same problem as you,
In the end i decided to choose the one i could walk too (end of the street)
I have since had 2 mindees from the same school so im really happy i choose that one, now all i have to worry about is my baby starting nusery lol.

singlewiththree
14-09-2008, 05:55 AM
Choosing schools is a very personal preference and your dd comes first. I have just moved my dd out of a school which was 30mins walk away to the local school 10mins away as it has dramatically improved and she was just never happy at the other school after reception. She is so far very very happy. There is no choice really if you feel the closer school is better for your dd then that is where she should go she is going to have 11yrs at that school, its better that she enjoy it :)

miffy
14-09-2008, 07:39 AM
I agree - your family comes first.

I also think you'll get more business from the school your daughter goes to once she starts school

Good luck

Miffy xx

Chimps Childminding
14-09-2008, 07:55 AM
I agree, your daughter has to come first. In this job you never know how long you will have a child for, and to send Isla to a school just because you currently pick up from there is madness, there is no guarantee that the children you currently pick up will still be with you when it comes to Isla starting school!!!!!!!!!!!! Choose whatever you think is best for your daughter!:thumbsup:

Shirlwith3
14-09-2008, 07:59 AM
Thanks everyone
you have all said what I have thought, the child I pick up is the only one I had a call for a pick up from that school, where the school nearer to me I have had about 2 calls during the holidays.

Shirl

Jules12Wed
14-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Thanks everyone
you have all said what I have thought, the child I pick up is the only one I had a call for a pick up from that school, where the school nearer to me I have had about 2 calls during the holidays.

Shirl

Well there's your answer then. Go for it.