PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted certificate

hello kitty
13-09-2008, 07:49 AM
I applied for a variation back in July and spoke to a very nice helpful man at Ofsted who agreed it. Great. Certificate arrived on time and I started the new little girl who took me to 4 for 3/4 hour. Anyway I was sorting out paperwork last night and although I received the certificate on the 2nd September and have checked with the post office as it was recorded delivery and I could track it, the certificate is dated 10th September! :eek:

Now if I have an inspection say, on Monday they will look at the date of my certificate which says 10th Sept and the date care started which says 2nd Sept and it looks like I am over my numbers.

I will have to phone Ofsted again to point this out and hope they can send an amened/corrected certificate.

They never make things easy do they? :mad:

Chatterbox Childcare
13-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Did you tell them that you were starting on the 10th September as sometimes they send them out for the starting date?

I applied for my overlap that was approved for 3rd September start but I haven't had the certificate yet. The inspector says that there is a note on my file to say that I can start without it and I had it via email.

They are really busy with EYFS and so behind. I expect you will be the same but I would call and check.

hillbilly
13-09-2008, 09:16 AM
I would definalty give them a ring, and if they are really busy just ask for an email, confirming that they agree with your start date. Then you can print this off and keep it incase this is brought up at an inspection

Kelly