PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrr don't you just hate it when...

LittleStars
12-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Had a mindee come earlier in the week and mum said she has D&V at the weekend but has been fine for 24 hours. We then had the worst day with grumpy mindee and poo poo poo everywhere, mum was not on her phone to get her to collect :rolleyes:

Now my poor ds 1 is throwing up and I have the worst stomach cramps so no doubt it is coming!! Baby mindee (12wks) has also been grumpy and had a temp so she probably has it too...

Mum was very apologetic when she saw ds sat there on the sofa with his bowl looking pathetic.....but why ohh why couldn't she have just kept her away for 2 days and then none of us would have got it...Now we are all going to get it.

Im gutted as was meeting up with my parents tomorrow (we don't get to see them much) and my dad is on medication which means he is not able to be exposed to sickness...so we are prob going to have to cancel :mad:

Grrrrrr makes me cross

sue m
12-09-2008, 05:49 PM
I'm SO sorry to read your post and SO angry. I've been there a few times myself. Mothers INSIST their lo is fine and they simply have to go to work today and when you ring them, you can't get them. It really infuriates me. My step daughter and my son and myself all caught a bug from a lo and sd was so bad we had to get the doctor in to give her an injection to stop her being sick. If you have to have time off for illness, I'd charge her! It's her fault you are ill probably.

crazybones
12-09-2008, 06:12 PM
My policy says 48 hours free of V&D before they return. Hope you all feel better soon.

Blaze
12-09-2008, 06:12 PM
:angry: makes me sooo angry!

Blaze
12-09-2008, 06:13 PM
My policy says 48 hours free of V&D before they return. Hope you all feel better soon.

same...it's what's now recommended.

Pudding Girl
12-09-2008, 06:14 PM
oh I hope you all feel better soon, nd I hope the Mum felt very guilty!!

I have 48hrs exclusion maybe you should review your policy? Also if I was in your situationa nd Mum wasn't answering phone, I'd be phoing the emergency contact!

hello kitty
12-09-2008, 06:19 PM
The exclusion time in Norfolk is 72 hours. :rolleyes:

LisaH
12-09-2008, 06:59 PM
thats terrible, hope you are all feeling better soon!! Shame on that mum!!

maple
12-09-2008, 07:11 PM
The guidance note from the health protection agency says 48hrs from last bout.
Can be found on the link below.
http://www.hpa.org.uk/web/HPAwebFile/HPAweb_C/1194947358374

I'm going to put one on my notice board so when a parent says xx had xx I can quote and refer to this.

Spangles
12-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Hope you all get better quickly.

x

cloud9
12-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Just out of interest if you cant get hold of mum when the lo is ill why didn't you just call the emergency contact that mum would have provided details for.
I have never been in this situation but i would.

jellytot
12-09-2008, 08:14 PM
dont you find though that no matter how long you say for keeping children away from last bout of illness parents will insist they have been fine for that long. or say they are teething. teething gets put on too many illness's

Alibali
12-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Selfish, inconsiderate people. I've had this happen too and I hate it when my kids get ill cos of mindees. Last time the offending parents comment was 'oh look they've all got it now' and she was smiling.

Hope you are all feeling well soon

Chatterbox Childcare
12-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Not nice

I would be really annoyed but I do have a 48 hours exclusion from the last projection.

I would be concerned that you couldn't get hold of mum - what if you took hers to the hospital and it was an emergency? I would get another number of someone that is available all the time

miffy
12-09-2008, 09:07 PM

Me too!

Miffy xx

Andrea08
12-09-2008, 09:27 PM
NO IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT ,,,, you can tell parents till your BLUE IN THE FACE 24 hrs etc etc

my family got ill because of one child and the lies the parents told me,, 2 members of my family ended up in hospital, i had 2 weeks off work and d woman F@@*%!BI@"!! didn't pay me!! said contract ,,,if i was ill then no payment of fees! BUT BUT BUT !!!1`i was soooooo mad...

i am now so strict on the matter and if like me you feel a little shy about exclusion USE THE WORD OFSTED MAKES PPL THINK!!

ohhh i get so mad about illness and parent sending their sick babies to us when all the little ones want is MUMMY.

xxx

Nettynoo
12-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Don't parents realise that if we get D&V and our children do too then we will not accept their children and it could be a lot longer than 48 hours from the last bout of all of us as we don't all react the same way to these illnesses!!!!! They are so much better to just take time off work as is required!!!!
Don't they care about their own children either as surely as lovely as us childminders are, children only ever want their Mummy when unwell!! I still want my Mummy when I am ill and I'm 37!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you put the cost of extra loo roll in your expenses file!!!!!!

Schnakes
13-09-2008, 07:48 AM
This drives me mad...parents try to send their kids to you in any condition. Its so unfair on the kids apart from anything else. Some people I know just dont think others wo I have worked for are penny pinching :censored: who want to wring every last penny out that they have paid me. :angry:

Sx