PDA

View Full Version : Hoolahoops and screaming!

SimplyLucy
12-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Oh dear, we've just had a fight over lunch here.

Thank goodness all is calm and everone is sat on separate chairs having telly chill out time!

Basically 4 and a half yr old mindee finshed his lunch first today and I was happy chatting to him when I moved to the otherside of the kitchen to get something else for my son. The mindee whilst my back was turned took food from another mindees plate and ate it. 3 yr old mindee was not a happy chap and screamed and tried to remove said item from the other childs mouth, whilst shouting at the top of his voice "MINE MINE".

Result was 2 screaming mindees and my son looking rather gobsmacked in the middle whilst at the same time trying to protect his lunch incase the other child fancied taking a bit of that too!

I calmed down the mindee who was minus a hoolahoop by giving him a bread stick, that was easy. However the other mindee who took the food screamed for 30 minutes, and I mean screamed. I ignored him because I tried to clam him down but it made him worse.

Peace is restored at Lucy's house and 4 yr old mindee will now have to sit the other side of me at meal times as the 3yr old is scared to go near him now!

Oh the joys of lunch times on a Friday when everyone is tired and I have PMT! :D

oneofeach
12-09-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm sure it wasn't funny for you all but it made me giggle.

:laughing:

Never mind, its Friday:D

Rubybubbles
12-09-2008, 12:11 PM
oh no!!!

at least they ate!! I have a huge thread for the greenies in a moment:laughing:

sarah707
12-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Oh dear! :laughing:

Have a nurofen and make it a TV afternoon... feel better soon xx

Just shows the dangers of packed lunches, peanut allergy and anaphylaxis though... :eek:

Andrea08
12-09-2008, 12:13 PM
im very sorry but im :ROFL1: pmsl,

oh it brings back memories of fun lunch times,

yes we have to look at our table planns too lol,
i hope today goes better get some straight jackets and hang them from the rafters lol

ps thats a joke dont take me seriously like one parent did lol mmm had to explain they dont make straight jackets that small xxx

SimplyLucy
12-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Oh dear! :laughing:

Have a nurofen and make it a TV afternoon... feel better soon xx

Just shows the dangers of packed lunches, peanut allergy and anaphylaxis though... :eek:

I'll skip the Nurofen as I have 3 bottles of wine in the fridge and a friend organised to arrive on my doorstep at 7.30pm with an Indian takeaway!

Do you think I should steal something off her plate???? :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

SimplyLucy
12-09-2008, 12:18 PM
im very sorry but im :ROFL1: pmsl,

oh it brings back memories of fun lunch times,

yes we have to look at our table planns too lol,
i hope today goes better get some straight jackets and hang them from the rafters lol

ps thats a joke dont take me seriously like one parent did lol mmm had to explain they dont make straight jackets that small xxx

Table plans are a nightmare in this house!

My DS already refuses to sit next to 4yr mindee because the mindees eating skills are less then pretty. My DS says it makes him feel sick then he doesn't want to eat and to be honest I have to agree with him! I really struggle to eat at the same time at the mindee, but I hide it well.

Now 3yr mindee will panic if I sit him next to 4yr mindee.

Maybe I should make a special head of the table seat for 4 yr old mindee as I'd hate for him to think that no one wanted to sit next to him. I wouldn't like him to feel bad.

Oh it's so complicated, only 1 more week then he'll be having lunch at school!

balloon
12-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Sorry but I have to admit I laughed when I read this, I know I wouldn't have laughed if I had read it though.

I have a huge problem with a little one who will not eat or drink so would love them to do something like this, lol!

Don't blame the 3yo for wanting to keep its distance, poor thing.

Twinkles
12-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Do you think I should steal something off her plate???? :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

There'd be more than screaming if someone tried to nick my indian takeway http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/violent021.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

I've said it before and I'll say it again .......gaffa tape :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
12-09-2008, 12:23 PM
I laughed too :blush: sorry. :laughing: :laughing:

Oh the joys of mealtimes...:D

he has got more than me...
you know I don't like that...
he's staring at me....
I wanted that plate/fork/cup/sausage (yep I have really had that- I wanted that sausage)

SimplyLucy
12-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Ok Ok Ok I give in, I'm laughing too now!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

SimplyLucy
12-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Horray it's the weekend!

LisaH
12-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Must be something in the water today cos my mindees were the same at lunchtime aswell!!

Thank goodness its friday:laughing:

angeldelight
12-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Hope your weekend is better Lucy

Angel xx

Schnakes
13-09-2008, 07:41 AM
I had this on Thursday but at a toddler group. Drives you nuts doesnt it...they all get exactly the same food - why do they have to pinch stuff off each others plates?! :panic:

Sx

charleyfarley
13-09-2008, 07:57 AM
I laughed too :blush: not funny for you though.

It's not the children that pinch food off the plates in my house, it's my mil, she's a gannet:D

Carol xx

morse
13-09-2008, 07:12 PM
oh well makes me feel happy now its like that most lunch times here, usaully argue about where they are sitting!!!!!!! not had one YET try to get food out of another month:blush: sorry did make me have a little giggle:ROFL1:

miffy
13-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Just seen this Lucy but it made me chuckle

Glad you saw the funny side too - hope next week's better

Miffy xx