PDA

View Full Version : How do you.....................

emmadines
11-09-2008, 06:00 PM
disapline (sorry if thats a too harsh word I cant think of any others) your minded children??

Ive got one who wont walk alongside me (well he does but not all the time, more so not.) I make him hold my hand (he's 6)

he's a dreamer and its hard to get him to do something eg, put his shoes on etc

Ive had a rarther hard 4th day and am compleatly menatlly drained, Im thinking maybe it the fact that he has realised that they are comming here often and is pushing his boundries so to speak??

Annie_T
11-09-2008, 06:31 PM
have you tried pointing out the reasons he must walk nxt to you or do something etc etc?

do a chart for him 'good boy chart' earn stars/stickers when does what you say etc (you choose what goe son chart.. walk nxt to you on way 2 skool etc etc) which with parent permission gets a treat end the week (ask parents buy it in week so he can have on last day u have him in week to take home)

give him warning system .. i do that with mine 3 warnings and they get toys etc taken away

i reall y dont know other than this hun sorry

Pipsqueak
11-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Discipline isn't a harsh word - it means to guide.:)

Perhaps he is pushing his luck a little, I would do:

clear instruction before you leave/ do something and point out that you know he (and others) can behave like big people and help you out. Give them something to live up to rather than expecting the worst.

Be firm (voiced), use the three strikes and you are out - ban the fav toys (Wii, lego....).
If you want him to hold your hand, then just take it but tell him why you are doing it, so you can both stay safe together.
Perhaps get him to help you make up some rules with you but discuss what possible consquences are - if you are daydreaming when you cross the road you could get hurt etc. so he knows you aren't just being the because I say so adult.
Lots of praise for small little good things as well.

Other than that tell him you will have to put a wrist strap on him.
Talk to the parents and see what works for them at home.