PDA

View Full Version : We've had a good afternoon!

Sadie's Mum
10-09-2008, 06:40 PM
We went for a trip to the local fire station!! I had 3 mindees and my own daughter with me (all under 4 years). The 2 firefighters were fab - Fireman Dave and Fireman Theo! They were sooooo good with the kids, got them dressing up in kids firefighter outfits, talked to them about fire safety gave them a tour of the station and fire engines, showed them all the equipment, and let them sit in the fire engines. They then took the fire engine outside and got the hoses out and squirted foam everywhere while the kids watched, it looked like snow all over the trees. They then got the water hose out and squirted that around and let the kids have a go with it, turning it on and off and trying to knock over some cones.

The kids all really enjoyed it and got given a sticker each and I was given 2 story books which are really good - one is called "Lizzie's Accident" which is a true story about a little girl who was scalded with a hot drink while at play schol. The other book is called "keeping safe at Susie the childminder's house" and has got 6 stories in it all highlighting different dangers - Birthday Surprise, Pack Holiday, The Smoke Alarm, Camping, Bonfire Night, and Getting Ready for Christmas. They are really good!

venus89
10-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Wow that sounds great. Do you think that my local firemen would let me go and play with their hoses? :D

carolinel
10-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Wow that sounds great. Do you think that my local firemen would let me go and play with their hoses? :D

ooooerrr missus!!!!!

charleyfarley
10-09-2008, 07:07 PM
What a great afternoon by the sounds of it.

Who enjoyed it the most you or the children? :D

Carol xx

sarah707
10-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Sounds like great fun!

I wonder if those books are available to buy...

Where's our resident fireman for advice when we need him? :D

Sadie's Mum
10-09-2008, 07:11 PM

:laughing: :laughing:

What a great afternoon by the sounds of it.

Who enjoyed it the most you or the children? :D

Carol xx

Not sure who enjoyed it most! lol When the parents picked up this evening and started asking the kids about it, they just said "we got a sticker" lol all the other stuff they saw and did and they were most excited about the sticker!! lol

Sadie's Mum
10-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Sounds like great fun!

I wonder if those books are available to buy...

Where's our resident fireman for advice when we need him? :D

Not sure if they are available to buy or not but on the back of the Susie the childminder book is website www.hantsfire.gov.uk (we're in East Sussex but there you go! lol) and I have just had a look on the site and there is a Kids Zone which has some great activies and stuff on there

http://www.hantsfire.gov.uk/kidzone.htm

LisaH
10-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Will have to contact my local fire station and arrange a visit!!:D

katickles
11-09-2008, 08:06 AM
Sounds fab!

Will be in touch with my local fire station I think, Maybe get in touch with a few other minders & see if they fancy it :)

angeldelight
11-09-2008, 08:08 AM
Sounds great

Glad you all had a lovely time

Angel xx

PixiesDen
01-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Local fire station will usually welcome visits...its International Firefighters day in May, might be a good date for your planning Diary.