PDA

View Full Version : Printing on high vis vests

louised
10-09-2008, 11:03 AM
I've recently purchased hi-vis vests for my mindees to wear when were are out and about and was wondering how I could customise them with some kind of low cost or diy transfers or printing so that I can advertise my business on them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

emmadines
10-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Hi I have the hi vis vests and I have printed my logo on them, I brought the transfere paper in the end which cost me£6.99 from Ryman but you can get the transfere stuff in smiths

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=15254&highlight=hi+vis+vests

these are mine (not overly worried bout the mob number its turned off when not working (I forgot to blank it out):blush:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/edines33/100_2951.jpg

chez1373
10-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Hi i have hi-vis vests but i dont make the children wear them is it now a requirement that the children when and about they must wear a hi-vis vest or simulair???

chez1373
10-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Sorry forget to say your vests brilliant xxx

emmadines
10-09-2008, 05:00 PM
thankyou, and no I dont think its now a requirement, I just found it easier to see them all as we all know how busy school drop offs and pick ups are.

plus it has my contact details on so in the case of a child getting lost they have my contact details on them. they know they are not to take them off unless we are at the schjool and they are going into the class (I wont leave them there they will go missing) and or when we get home!

chez1373
10-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Thanks so much i have them they have been in the draw for months but never had them out, Ive just started school pick ups so i think ill get them out and stick my details on them lol

I have only 1 to pick up an my 2yr old son who will be with me do u think it would be strange if i had them both wear them as there is only two of them??

emmadines
10-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Thanks so much i have them they have been in the draw for months but never had them out, Ive just started school pick ups so i think ill get them out and stick my details on them lol

I have only 1 to pick up an my 2yr old son who will be with me do u think it would be strange if i had them both wear them as there is only two of them??

funny enough I have both my and the minded kids in them (makes the minded children more likely to wear them without a sqwabble!)

sarah707
10-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Emma they look lovely you've done a great job! :D

emmadines
10-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Thankyou I quiet chuffed with myself lol :blush: :blush:

LisaH
10-09-2008, 07:36 PM
They do look good, will get mine done I think.:)

wellybelly
10-09-2008, 07:37 PM
They look absolutly brilliant, well done you! Im going to copy your idea.

angeldelight
11-09-2008, 09:08 AM
Hi I have the hi vis vests and I have printed my logo on them, I brought the transfere paper in the end which cost me£6.99 from Ryman but you can get the transfere stuff in smiths

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=15254&highlight=hi+vis+vests

these are mine (not overly worried bout the mob number its turned off when not working (I forgot to blank it out):blush:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/edines33/100_2951.jpg

Emma they are lovely

Dont think I would make a good job of doing my own ha

Angel xx

Pudding Girl
11-09-2008, 09:29 AM
oooh lovely!

My cousin has some and she just got a waterproof perm marker pen and a plastic stencil and just did it that way, the text is nice n big enough to read without getting too close

emmadines
12-09-2008, 10:19 AM
all you need is a printer, pair of scissors ad an iron oh and the transfer paper!

if i used a stencil id be too worried of making a mistake. and would have to throw that vest away as it would bug me way tooooooo much:blush:

Minstrel
12-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Emma i think your vests look fab.
Maybe a second line of business??????????:laughing:

emmadines
12-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Emma i think your vests look fab.
Maybe a second line of business??????????:laughing:

mmmmmmmmmmmm could be! but how much would i charge????

FizzysFriends
05-11-2008, 06:30 PM
These are brilliant, im going to try it myself (and them send them to you to do when I make a mess of it, lol)

maple
05-11-2008, 08:03 PM
After seeing Emma's from another post I did mine and as Emma says they are easy to do. It did take me a little bit of time to get the transfer to stick onto the vest. Not sure if I had the iron on hot enough but I was worried I would melt the vest.

FizzysFriends
05-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Where did you get the transfer paper from?

Im going to Ikea at the weekend to get the vests

mum2two
05-11-2008, 08:12 PM
I did wonder if you could use the transfer paper on the jackets. I made t-shirts up in the summer, and so have just brought 6 off the site we were told about the other day for £1.99 each.

Yours look great Emma, so I'm just going to print them like my t-shirts!

xx

liz252
05-11-2008, 09:07 PM
They look fantastic, really impressive!

I dont know whether to get t-shirts or vests, where did you get yours from? We have transfer paper already as we used it to make t-shirts for our kids of their favourite tv shows :)

childmind04
05-11-2008, 10:33 PM
I have vests with a pattern on which i bought from school, but i made some draw string bags for mindees bits and put their names on and their fav character :)

Susan

juliesfabfour
05-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Yours look fabulous - well done!

I bought the Ikea vests but used permanent marker and wrote 'I am with my childminder, if I am lost please contact (my mobile number)'.

Yours look so professional though :)

oakie dokie
06-11-2008, 06:52 AM
i have done some too, its really easy to do. tesco do transfer paper. i also made story sacks of books eg. hungry caterpiller, i scanned the cover of the book then printed on transfer paper, not forgetting to set printer setting to mirror image. the only thing i couldnot do was to make the writing go into a circle but next door neighbour is a graphic designer so he designed my logo for me.
go for it, its very easy to do:clapping:

FizzysFriends
06-11-2008, 12:14 PM
I've been to Tesco this morning to get the transfer paper, just need to vests now. Any excuse for a trip to Ikea (and Next and Decathalon which are next door and the new shopping place opposite).