PDA

View Full Version : Anti-bac hand gel

louised
10-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Does anyone use this? Is there a particular type I should use for children? e.g alcohol free. 2 of my mindees have just potty trained and take forever to wash their hands so I'm thinking of using this to save time, as I'm spending half the day in the toilet washing and drying hands

kindredspirits
10-09-2008, 10:30 AM
i use it - i just make sure that it doesn't say no suitable for children on the bottle - tescos own is nice as it doesn't sting cuts on the fingers.

Pedagog
10-09-2008, 10:35 AM
I have used it every since my youngest was born (8 years ago), great stuff have a little bottle in my handbag and one in the car for when we are out and bottle around the house as well.

ruby
10-09-2008, 11:00 AM
we use it especially when we go out as one of our little ones hates the hand dryer he freaks when they go on . so we always have one on us for him.

cathy

sarah707
10-09-2008, 11:05 AM
It's only recommended if soap and water aren't available.

I use it to clean toilet seats before little ones sit down :D

donnahay0
10-09-2008, 11:10 AM
I keep a mall bottle in my handbag and one in the car - comes in very handy even when not childminding.

louised
10-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Just wondering Sarah, is that recommendation from Ofsted?

crazybones
10-09-2008, 11:37 AM
I keep a mall bottle in my handbag and one in the car - comes in very handy even when not childminding.

Me too. :D

sarah707
10-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Just wondering Sarah, is that recommendation from Ofsted?

No from our forum friend 'maninawhitecoat' who knows about these things.

More in this thread -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5129&highlight=hand+wash

:D

jellytot
10-09-2008, 11:43 AM
yes i use it. my loo doesnt have a sink in there as it is seperate from bathroom. i buy sensitive skin one

louised
10-09-2008, 12:30 PM
I've now got a dilemma and don't know if it's a good idea to use it after all, although I have read numerous ofsted reports describing the positive use of handwash gel. I'll have to think about this one.

Mrs M
10-09-2008, 01:03 PM
I use it for me when nappy changing (in between each child's change for example and in case I touch anything on my way to the sink to wash hands with soap and water) and I use it on the children's hands when we visit the farm - they stroke the animals and I worry that they'll put their fingers in their mouths afterwards so I use it to be on the safe side. However, on a day to day basis, I use flannels, soap and water.

balloon
10-09-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm wondering if the reports mean liquid antibac soap which is often like a gel but you use water too.

Re the antibac gel, we use superdrug type for the family but it stings open cuts.

Chatterbox Childcare
10-09-2008, 01:39 PM
I use whatever I can get my hands on - pardon the pun!!

Have a look at your cash and carry as mine has smaller bottles in packs of 6 for .55p

Andrea08
10-09-2008, 01:42 PM
i use the gel when out at the park etc where there is no "hand wash" area,
after we play with our pets but other times we use soap n water,

does any1 know how much it is by the bottle need new one for the car thanks

chez1373
10-09-2008, 05:00 PM
When i was in the Army i used it while we was on operations since becoming a childminder im not seen without it
I have it in the bathroom the kitchen my living room and in my handbag,
I get my from the hospital so i know its fine for everyone...
On my inspection the inspector was very impressed with it and i had permission forms signed etc too

I think you cant go wrong with it to be honest but it depends on your parents

LisaH
10-09-2008, 07:39 PM
I have used it at home, but its mainly used when we are out and about!!:)

Minstrel
11-09-2008, 02:27 PM
i use the gel when out at the park etc where there is no "hand wash" area,
after we play with our pets but other times we use soap n water,

does any1 know how much it is by the bottle need new one for the car thanks

I picked up a couple of travel sized bottles from Asda yesterday and they were 48p each.

Nettynoo
11-09-2008, 09:52 PM
I also use the Asda anti-bac gel as it is moisturising otherwise it can be very drying!!!! Just wondered Sarah Nev, why you don't use Milton antibacterial wipes for toilet seats and nappy changing mats when out instead of the gel, surely you must get through gallons of gel and tissues and it takes longer? At the moment they are £1, cheaper than Tescos own version!!!

Andrea08
11-09-2008, 10:01 PM
I picked up a couple of travel sized bottles from Asda yesterday and they were 48p each.

thank you for that Asda this week for shopping xxxx

singlewiththree
12-09-2008, 06:14 AM
Does anyone know where you can get liquid foaming soap from that isnt Kandoo (mine are allergic to that one)? I always shop online and tesco didnt seem to have any that foamed, well none of the discriptions said that anyway.