PDA

View Full Version : OMG 8 kids

Wendy Woo
09-09-2008, 03:45 PM
I have picked up 5 children from school today already havein 3 with me so i have come home with 8 children and now my house is complete mayhem. Woy have i done!!!!!!!!!!!

I think i will be introducin telly time @5pm so that we can all tidy up b4 others start to go and so that i can talk top parents with some peace around.

I have got all ages aswell from 2yr to 9yr!!!!!!!

Any one got any ideas on stuff i can do witrht hem all together????

Anyone else have this many children?? If so how do u do it??

Mrs.L.C
09-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Oh yes. Luckily iv gone down to 5 most days except Fridays where I have 8 but I have had 9 at one point. Iv got a game called Jungle buzz on the ps2 which 4 are playing on atm and im helping another use the laptop sitting next to me while i look on here, I stay out when its dry until at least 4 so they can run around. I have a free flow system so they can go from lounge to kitchen to garden (when dry) and I can see/hear all areas. I have the toys in lounge and crafts in kitchen which i try to keep to a min mess when busy and ye its always hectic but remember its ok to let the older children (over5) to just get on with it (within reason). I have board games, dolls, bratz, tv , ps2, Jigsaws, lego, laptop and so onwhich the older kids are happy with...the eldest being 10

LisaH
09-09-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm the same too!! Usually have 7 or 8 aged between 1 and 10 yrs. Things tend to calm down after the 1st few days when the kids all know the boundries. the little ones in my house tend to play with toys/ do crafts and the older kids play on wii sports together.:)

emler
09-09-2008, 08:36 PM
:eek: 8 of them all at once!!!!!! The most I have at any one time is 4 and that's tiring enough. I must be a lightweight :laughing:

Annie_T
09-09-2008, 08:38 PM
8 gee your mad hun, but think of the money hehe

chez1373
09-09-2008, 08:51 PM
I would love to have that many kiddies lol
I have 2 aged 5 and 12.
siblings at that

hannahsstar
09-09-2008, 08:54 PM
I know how you feel!! Thankfully I'm only THAT busy on a Wed. I have 1x16months, 1x23months (leaves @ 4pm), 1x2yrs (arrives @ 4pm) 1x3yrs, 2x6yrs, 1x8yrs and 1x9yrs

Are we crazy?????

Jae

miffy
09-09-2008, 08:56 PM
I had 8 tonight too from 17months to 11 years - it wasn't too bad as I've looked after them all for a while and they do get on well.

Today we'd planned a teddy bears picnic (indoors unfortunately because of the lousy weather) so we were all doing the same thing. Afterwards I read to the younger ones and the 11 year old did his homework.

It's not always as easy as that!

Miffy xx

Saranotts
09-09-2008, 09:04 PM
Yep, have 8 most days and sometimes upto 10. I am the last to leave the playground, in case of stragglers and to use up some energy, they all wear hi vis vests and walk in pairs and then once home, after snack, they have the choice of garden (wendy house, trampoline football etc), living room for tv, dining room for a crafts activity, white board for playing schools (who would think they want to do this after being there all day but they do!). Computer, PS2 or wii for those who want it and a mountain of board games, Piranha panic being the favourite at the mo. As LisaH said they all calm down after the first few days, once they know the boundaries.

One of my new mums actually commented today about how it always seems so quiet and peaceful when she comes to pick up.

Sara

manjay
09-09-2008, 09:12 PM
I have 9 most days now and we are always last to leave the playground. They all know we have a 20 minute walk but always forget they need the toilet until we are ready to leave:panic:

The over 8's I have are really good and love playing with the little ones so apart from being really really noisy I don't have to do too much.

childminder54
09-09-2008, 09:23 PM
how can you all have that may children i thought you can only have 6 3 under 3 and 3 up till 5or is it 8 i never get calls for children after5 as i dont do after school unless i can help it

veronicaxx

manjay
09-09-2008, 09:33 PM
how can you all have that may children i thought you can only have 6 3 under 3 and 3 up till 5or is it 8 i never get calls for children after5 as i dont do after school unless i can help it

veronicaxx

I have 6 under 8 and 3 over 8's. Having 6 after schoolers every night on top of the little ones certainly boosts the money up;)

Saranotts
09-09-2008, 09:38 PM

veronicaxx

As manjay says, it certainly boosts your money and also, I love having older ones around as I feel I can do, so much more with them and they are great to play games with and to chat to and the lo's love to play with and copy them, so it makes for a really nice time.

Sara