PDA

View Full Version : why oh why?!?!?

kindredspirits
09-09-2008, 03:03 PM
am i so weak!??!? i just signed my second contract and once again found myself saying 'you don't need to pay a deposit straight away' grrr... i hate myself!!!! she's going to drop it round next week and he's starting on the 29th!

tomthumb
09-09-2008, 03:41 PM
I think most of us do that although I am getting tougher. You will find that some parents don't mind if asked to pay by a certain date. This is what I find myself doing now, I explain that I can't guarantee the space until it has been paid especially as I have had a few more enquiries...(sometimes I do, sometimes, I don't). In that case, parents pay rather quickly!!
Good luck in getting tougher (it has taken me years with my other business and I am still not tough enough as I have been waiting payment since april from some parents...hence the reason I am trying to be strict with childminding!!):laughing:

Elodie X

Bushpig
09-09-2008, 03:54 PM
I think most of us do that although I am getting tougher. You will find that some parents don't mind if asked to pay by a certain date. This is what I find myself doing now, I explain that I can't guarantee the space until it has been paid especially as I have had a few more enquiries...(sometimes I do, sometimes, I don't). In that case, parents pay rather quickly!!
Good luck in getting tougher (it has taken me years with my other business and I am still not tough enough as I have been waiting payment since april from some parents...hence the reason I am trying to be strict with childminding!!):laughing:

Elodie X

At least you are both brave enough to ask for a deposit! I never have :blush:

kindredspirits
09-09-2008, 04:23 PM
At least you are both brave enough to ask for a deposit! I never have :blush:

that makes me feel a lot better!!!!!! ;)

emmadines
09-09-2008, 04:25 PM
I signed on recently and althought she had the money to pay the full 4 weeks deposit, she only had one week of her roster as it changes often (nurse)
so she paid for one week and is going to find out what her next shifts are and pay the following 3 weeks deposit next week.

mimo
09-09-2008, 05:33 PM
i had a new parent come last week and sign contracts .she got her cheque book out wrote me a cheque for a month in advance without being asked .It was all i could do to stop myself saying" its ok sort it out next week when she starts". I have been doing this for 8 years now and am still rubbish when it comes to asking for money, evemn though i have been messed around in the past.:panic:

cloud9
09-09-2008, 05:42 PM
I think we all struggle with doing this although im sure the parents aren't so anxious anout asking for money back if they have a refund for anything!