PDA

View Full Version : website prices

littlegems
09-09-2008, 12:19 PM
hi,
i am sure theres a thread on here about this but can't find it so.....
i am looking in to getting a website and linking it so it comes up via google etc, i have found a couple of companies, but have no idea whether its an ok price or not, as have nothing to measure it against if you see what you mean.
is there anyone who has recently had a web page made, hosting etc? does £80 seem a good / fair price?
thanks xx

Tatia
09-09-2008, 12:26 PM
I use freewebs. It's...FREE! I have bought my domain name but as for the website itself, I don't pay a penny. And as they give you templates to follow, it's idiot-proof, which is exactly what I needed!:laughing:

Pauline also offers websites for people so you might talk to her, though I don't know what she charges.

I don't know about other services so I can't advise, sorry.

kellyg
09-09-2008, 12:57 PM
I also use freewebs, I have done for yers as I used to breed dogs - its fab!

You can put your web add on the child care link if you are worried about people finding it? I would avoid paying just for it to come up on google, after all if and when you are full you wont need it for a good amount of time ey!

The web is www.freewebs.com

If you want an example mine is www.freewebs.com/kelsden

kellyg
09-09-2008, 12:58 PM
I also use freewebs, I have done for yers as I used to breed dogs - its fab!

You can put your web add on the child care link if you are worried about people finding it? I would avoid paying just for it to come up on google, after all if and when you are full you wont need it for a good amount of time ey!

The web is www.freewebs.com

If you want an example mine is www.freewebs.com/kelsden :thumbsup:

kindredspirits
09-09-2008, 01:01 PM
i use virtual free servers - you pay about £3 for a domain name and then you get the hosting for free - its dead simple - and i made my page using frontpage which is pretty much foolproof.
plus you get the added bonus of having a professional looking name, i.e. mine is www.annas-childcare.co.uk