PDA

View Full Version : providing meals

murphy61
09-09-2008, 11:48 AM
hi

can anyone tell me whether there is any othger standards with have to comply with when providing meals for mindees

Pedagog
09-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Yes you would be recommended to get your food safety certificate, and some would recommend registering with the council as a food business, I intend to do so.

sarah707
09-09-2008, 12:44 PM
You must register with local food hygiene if they want you... you can get a letter saying they don't for Ofsted to see. :D

murphy61
09-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Thank you

i thought this is what i needed to do, just trying to work out whether it was worth doing meals i was thinking of just supplying snacks but oh thinks i should provide meals if thats what parents want i just think it would be more time consuming and i think i have enough to do with all the paperwork.

hbomb1
09-09-2008, 01:29 PM
I provide a home cooked lunch and AM/PM snacks. Should I be registered somewhere with someone? Do I have to complete the food hygiene course?

mrsb
09-09-2008, 01:31 PM
I had my environmental health visit a week or so back, I don't provide or heat up any meals, the children bring packed lunches, but I still had to register with them, they came round and just asked what I did with packed lunches (I put them in the fridge) and also made sure I knew about good practices like washing hands, keeping raw food away from cooked in the fridge etc etc - It was really easy and the paper work you need to do takes literally a couple of minutes :)

Paula J
09-09-2008, 01:56 PM
How often do you have to do this I did register back in 2000 with them they came out like you said checked i use food probe, washing hand, hygiene etc said everything was fine. They sent me a letter saying I was on the register and that I did not need another inspection unless they received a complaint Do you think I should re-register that was 7 years ago:panic: Paula

mrsb
09-09-2008, 04:27 PM
How often do you have to do this I did register back in 2000 with them they came out like you said checked i use food probe, washing hand, hygiene etc said everything was fine. They sent me a letter saying I was on the register and that I did not need another inspection unless they received a complaint Do you think I should re-register that was 7 years ago:panic: Paula
I wouldn't think you need to re-register no, you're on their files so it's up to them to tell you what they need you to do ;)