PDA

View Full Version : what do i say???

Andrea08
09-09-2008, 10:48 AM
ok mmmm well how do i say this ,,,,

one child keeps breaking wind ok so we all do "sometimes" BUT....

the other child said ohhhhh they FAR*@ed

another said no u have to say PUMMPED!

CAN I ASK YOU WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THE CHILDREN ?
AND DO YOU HAVE A NAME OR SPECIAL WORD?
:blush:

please xxx

sue m
09-09-2008, 10:51 AM
LOL, I have a 2.5 year old boy and he says he's f**ted and I just say "no darling, you popped" might be daft but it's a word I've always used for many many years. :D My husband Steve used to say to the lo's I minded "did your bottom just cough?".

Rubybubbles
09-09-2008, 10:54 AM
I hate that word lol!!

I have always said in emma's house we say trumped:laughing:

my own children have a huge thing for bleching at the moment really from the boots it's soooooooo embrassing:blush: during a settling in they did it and the family laughed so loud I could off crawled away:o

Bushpig
09-09-2008, 10:56 AM
I call them windypops! But they can call it what they like (the kids), *fart* doesn't bother me.

Mollymop
09-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Yeah I call them windypops too, or trumped. I think F"""ed is a horrible word as well.

crazybones
09-09-2008, 11:12 AM
That is a banned word in my house too. My own children pipe up all the time in chorus "We dont use that word in this house" :blush:

Andrea08
09-09-2008, 11:49 AM
thanks every1,
was hoping for more replies but think ill go with trumped

any more ideas or funny stories?

Twinkles
09-09-2008, 11:54 AM
We call them ' bottom burps ' in my house. Either that or blame the dog :D

Rainy
09-09-2008, 12:12 PM
We say popper. Yesterday when my mindee was being picked up by his dad, we were standing at the door talking and my 10 year old DS said mum have you just done a popper. :blush: :blush: . I hadn't but there was a funny smell wafting about. Perhaps it was the Dad :laughing:

Oh the shame:blush:

Tatia
09-09-2008, 12:13 PM
I sometimes have a mouth like a sailor, I admit it. Not in front of the kids but I can certainly curse a bluestreak at times (as in stubbing toe in middle of night or stepping on a slug in my socks). But ever since I was a little girl, that word (I think of it as the real *f* word) absolutely embarrasses the heck out of me! I am sitting here, all alone, except for 3 year old mindee, trying to force myself to say it and just can't do it!:blush: I'm so childish that the mere mention either makes me cringe in embarrassment or giggle like a schoolgirl. So anyway, we say 'pop' in this house (except for when hubby or our older kids want to purposely rile me up). My dad always used to ask "do you have a duck in your pocket?":rolleyes: :laughing:

See? Here I am, giggling away just writing about it.:o

Andrea08
09-09-2008, 01:00 PM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

very good and my daughter and i having a good laugh too, ohhh dear but its not funny some parents just dont like us useing some words!! but i cana have a word for each child so one word for all,,,,

so who just pumpped , trumped or windy popped?
WAS IT YOU LOL sorry pmsl

Tatia
09-09-2008, 01:03 PM
My eldest daughter believed for the longest time that I was physically incapable of it.:laughing: I didn't realize she truly believed it until one day (maybe 10 years old) she got very heated and said "not everyone does it, my mommy doesn't!"

kellyg
09-09-2008, 01:05 PM
When I was a kid my Dad used to say 'popped off' and I hated it but the hillarious thing is I now say it to the kids....'oh dear, you jsut popped off'.....you know when you say things and realise you are your Mum or Dad....thats one of those monets for me :eek: !

charleyfarley
09-09-2008, 01:13 PM
We use trumpeted.

Even Mitchell says ' dad trumpety bum' :blush: hope he never says it in front of parents

Carol xx

Tatia
09-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Oh he will, never fear. Just give it time. Or else he'll say it to a sales lady or the nice man at the bakery or your husband's boss. Any time, anywhewre! They like to embarrass us as much as possible.:laughing:

Pipsqueak
09-09-2008, 04:29 PM
This thread has made me laugh. The F word doesn't bother me and living in a house with 4 boys (that includes hubby) who all appear to be fascinated with bodily functions/noises/smells and seem to want to outdo each other (I swear one day there will be an accident :rolleyes: sorry if thats too much info:blush: ).
I have got used to it - like Tatia my kids beleived for the longest time that Mummies don't pump (we use a variety of words - trump, pump, windypops and the F word) till I got sick of it and let rip (again sorry if thats too much info), the kids were mortified and disgusted at me so now I threaten that if I have to de-smell the place it will be Mum's Revenge

mum22
09-09-2008, 04:36 PM
:laughing: I hate that word also - dont know why, just sounds horrible, we say parp in this house:laughing:

Tatia
09-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Pip, you've reminded me...and I cannot BELIEVE I am gonna admit to this...:rolleyes:

But my entire family, even my girls, are not in the slightest embarrassed to...*whispers*pop.:blush: They assure me it's totally natural and what's the big deal? But let me make the slightest, teensiest noise (not that I do, mind you, but IF I did...) and they all just look at me with utter loathing! I ask you, is that fair?

Nicki L
09-09-2008, 05:23 PM
I too hate f**t, we say pumped - always have done

cloud9
09-09-2008, 05:44 PM
ok mmmm well how do i say this ,,,,

one child keeps breaking wind ok so we all do "sometimes" BUT....

the other child said ohhhhh they FAR*@ed

another said no u have to say PUMMPED!

CAN I ASK YOU WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THE CHILDREN ?
AND DO YOU HAVE A NAME OR SPECIAL WORD?
:blush:

please xxx

one of my mindees and the mum uses this expression i absolutely hate it!!

Andrea08
09-09-2008, 05:54 PM
PMSL :laughing:
IM so glad i asked what i thought was an innocent question,

glad i got you thinking about it :blush: :rolleyes:

sorry but still laughing my pants off must be a muckie mind xx

many thanks to all that have posted its been a good read

tomthumb
09-09-2008, 05:54 PM
|'m glad you are raising the subject as I never know what to use either. As I speak french to my children I use the french word (peter!) but I really don't like f...t either. Only last month I realised that my eldest (6) didn't know the english word. When I told her, she thought it was hilarious!! I am always annoyed with words like that in English as I use the French words I used when I was little!
From now on, we will be trumping in my house (well not me off course! :laughing: )

Elodie XX

RedDragon
09-09-2008, 06:18 PM
I use pump.

I often have to open the window when 1 of the mindees (or should that be the windees) pump. I don't like them pumping in the living room and to be honest it's the only thing I get a bit anal about :laughing: If you want to pump, do it in the bathroom - or better still - IN YOUR OWN HOUSE!!

I've said this before on the forum but I'm getting to be quite a connoisseur on who has done what and if they are organic or non organic. I often wonder if it's due to my poor eyesight - I reckon one of the other senses makes up for it - pity it's smell :rolleyes:

squiggle
09-09-2008, 06:23 PM
my daughter says her bottom is talking.

it has stuck from her being a baby as she always had bad wind and it always came out the other end.

Jen x

Minstrel
10-09-2008, 05:43 PM
We say Rudey in our house.
Again started when eldest was little and we used to say he was famous for them. Little Rudey bum!

Sadie's Mum
10-09-2008, 07:08 PM
We say 'parp' here!