PDA

View Full Version : Combi WE2 twin pushchair?

Angela234
08-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Does anyone have or had one? Opinions please

I urgently need to buy a double buggy with the 2 new mindees i now can't get out and about . ordered a maclaren triumph last week has to go back catches on steps which i have a lot off to get of our estate.

Has to be side by side because of the steps. I have been looking at loads online the only one i can see which has nothing to get in the way of steps is the Combi WE2 twin.

some reveiws say seats are not very upright or comfortable trouble is i can't be too picky I AM DESPERATE !!!

Angela

LittleStars
08-09-2008, 06:09 PM
The We2 twin is good to push ,nice and light and folds very small. But I would be wary of bumping it up and down stairs as they are very flimsy and plasticy and I can't imagine it would stand up to it for long. You would have the same problem with the twin aria.

I would probably go for the Graco duosport.

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_47_10751_-1_14051_52317_10001_14051

It is light and easy to push and very sturdy compared to the combi. The only drawback is that it is reasonably large when folded (folds very flat, but is quite tall) and if you were going to take it in the car you need to check it fits the boot.

If you have problems with the Maclaren on the stairs you will probably find that most of the maclaren type strollers are very similar and will catch too.

Have you thought of the cosatto duet light?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cosatto-Duet-Lite-Tandem-Umberella-Fold-Pushchair_W0QQitemZ280264926759QQcmdZViewItem?hash =item280264926759&_trkparms=72%3A984%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C2 40%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I know you said that you didn't want a tandem but these are very short for tandems and if you make sure you have the heaviest child in the back you may actually find it just as easy to bump up down stairs as a side by side.

(sorry I used to do alot of pushchair trials so am a bit of a buggy buff!!!)

Casey
08-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Hi,

I have twins so know a lot about twin buggies! The WE2 is always highly recommended by other twin mums on forums I go on. I had the Duet Lite & it's fab when they are small but heavy as they get bigger. Have you looked at the Double Nipper? Maybe wheels with air in will be easier with steps? You can get the fixed wheel version pretty cheap second hand. Look on www.twinsclub.co.uk at their For Sale ads if you want a double pushchair second hand!

Hoep taht helps,

Kirsty

Mrs.L.C
08-09-2008, 06:20 PM
iv got the out n about nipper twin 360 and its fab, its a 3 wheeler and very very light but sturdy at the same time. the seats do lay back slightly when upright but apparently this is to make it more sturdy as its a 3 wheeler

Iv had a few twins buggys in my time minding, maclaren twin traveller, graco tandem, graco duo lite, sky marco twin, and so far this is the best

Got my twin nipper from ebay for £150 so a bargain

Angela234
08-09-2008, 06:21 PM
The Graco would of been my first choice I brought a second hand Graco duo sport off ebay this year went out once with it trying to get back up the steps was a nightmare caught on every step (the brake bar it is a bit wobbly)just about had to lift it over the steps really hurt my arms. I used to have a old mothercare one same as the graco that used to be fine.

I don't think the tamdon will be any good as i have 2 heavy toddlers on 2 days

I really don't know what to do why can't you get a pushchair that can be pulled up and down steps? I have to get on this week i walk everywhere!!

Angela

crazybones
08-09-2008, 06:21 PM
iv got the out n about nipper twin 360 and its fab, its a 3 wheeler and very very light but sturdy at the same time. the seats do lay back slightly when upright but apparently this is to make it more sturdy as its a 3 wheeler

Iv had a few twins buggys in my time minding, maclaren twin traveller, graco tandem, graco duo lite, sky marco twin, and so far this is the best

I agree. Best money I ever spent on something for childminding. Just added a buggyboard for the first time today as I had 3 under 3 and it was still like a dream. Totally cured my longstanding shoulder pain.

LittleStars
08-09-2008, 06:34 PM
I hadn't thought about the nipper....Big wheels should make it easy up the stairs, might be harder to bump down steps though, less control.

Im surprised you couldn't use the graco on the stairs. The one I road tested for a few months was fab on stairs, didn't catch at all on the brake bar. I guess all steps are different widths and stuff.

The cosatto would be no good with 2 heavy toddlers def!

Angela234
08-09-2008, 08:44 PM
My old mothercare one the same same as Graco didn't catch on steps but my recent graco one i know the brake bar is a bit wobbly caught every time i would love to have the Graco duo sport a nice sturdy light weight pushchair

I really don't know what to do i can't keep buying and returning online they haven't any Graco ones in any shops around here to look at

Angela

Mrs.L.C
09-09-2008, 07:24 AM
I didnt like my grace duo lite. Must have been the worst one i used...luckily some1 gave it to me and I didnt spend money on it. Im assuming it would be ok for babies but with toddlers is was hard to push and sometimes steer

We have a couple of steps at the bank I use and going up and down them with the nipper is no problem