PDA

View Full Version : Ratios...quick answer needed

LittleStars
08-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Just a quick question, can anyone give me an idea of how having an assistant would increase my ratios..... I know its a grey area, Im really looking for a max scenario...say I had enough space etc.

Thanks

Chatterbox Childcare
08-09-2008, 03:26 PM
If you have enough space you usually can double your numbers

katedobinson
08-09-2008, 03:28 PM
when I had my inspection I asked this & she said based on the size of my house I would be able to have 6 under 5 years old (well 5 as I already have a 2yr old so that would make it 6) x

Pauline
08-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Maximum is double your numbers, but if your assistant were ill you would have to go back to single numbers (in other words you would have to cancel some of them!) and if YOU were ill, your assistant could not care for the children on their own so you would have to cancel them all. :)

LittleStars
08-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the replies :)

I have been asked to take a newbie for January and one of my existing mindees wants to do 3 extra days in Jan..rather than turn them down I was toying with the idea of having an assistant. Just wanted to check what the usual was with numbers. I don't have the biggest house and certainly wouldn't want to double my numbers so I guess not a problem.

Mrs.L.C
08-09-2008, 06:14 PM
we have been told in our area that an assistant would not increase our numbers unless they registered as a childminder to work on the same premises

Paula J
08-09-2008, 06:29 PM
I have just changed assistants from my mother in law who is to loved up to be bothered to my sister in law OFSTED say it is fine to double my kids so six under fives it is. Not every day but for lap overs it is bril Paula:)