PDA

View Full Version : Not so good Monday morning :(

Mrs.L.C
08-09-2008, 09:42 AM
:( Came down this morning to a message on the answer machine about our cat. Phoned them back and someone found our cat Angel dead on the side of the road last night. Hit by a car. She was only 2.

Now have to tell the after school children. Not looking forward to that. They all loved her like their own

sarah707
08-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Oh I'm sorry :(

At least someone had the decency to let you know.

I hope the children are ok later xx

LOOPYLISA
Oh no poor you, im soooo sorry, we have 3 and one of them is gone for days goes miles, seen him running across the roads and i just know one day we are going to get a call lots of love xx

bubbly
That's awful news. Hope you're all ok. It must have been quite a shock. Sending you big hugs xx

venus89
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that - poor you, and poor children :(

katickles
08-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Oh sorry hun x x

jellytot
08-09-2008, 10:01 AM
:group hug:

for you and the kids

Saranotts
08-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Aawww so sorry to hear this, its horrible when you lose a pet and especially when you are not expecting it. Hope you and the children are ok.

haribo
08-09-2008, 10:08 AM
so sorry about your cat. almost the same thing happened to one of ours(2 sisters) a few years ago. the mindees were as upset as my own kids and all asked for a photo of her . the day after we found her was a monday and ofsted knocked at 9am! dont know how i got through that one, maybe cos didnt really care,just thinking of my little cat. hope you ok xx

hbomb1
08-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Awww, I'm so sorry. It was very nice of someone to let you know. Good luck telling the children.

fionamal
08-09-2008, 10:12 AM
So sorry to hear about your cat. Its was nice of them to let you know about it. Hope the kids take the sad news okay.

:group hug:

Helen Dempster
08-09-2008, 12:08 PM
That is so sad. My cat, Misty, was run over a couple of years ago now and killed outright. He was just a little younger than your Angel. It was awful having to tell my son that his beloved cat was dead (he was 7 at the time). I thought he'd taken it well, but a couple of days later, I found him sobbing at the top of the stairs, saying he missed Misty. It broke my heart. He still talks about him now, but with happiness, rather than the way he went. The man who knocked him down didn't leave him though, he stayed with him, phoned the RSPCA and they took him away, and gave me a call. I thought that was really nice.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about Angel. Maybe he/she is playing with Misty, you never know...

Hugs

Helen xx

sue m
08-09-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm so sorry, how horrible. At least someone bothered to let you know. Mine has been run over a couple of times and survived. He's 17.5 now but looking a bit frail. Hope the kids aren't too upset but I'm sure they will be for a while.

emmadines
08-09-2008, 12:14 PM
oh what a horrible thing to find out over the phone!

am sorry. good luck on telling the kids. its the one thing i worry about with my cat.

a friend of mines cat died (we still do not know ow.) but the lady over the road put him on the floor near the front wheel of our car (again we dont know why?) but all the same another lady over the road saw this all happen and knocked on our door and told us what happened!

it turned out it was a friend of mines cat and I had to go breack the news! I felt awlfull.

LisaH
08-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Aww thats really sad for you all. I've had several cats over the last 15 yrs and it's awful when that happens.

Nice to hear you were contacted though, it dosent happen often.

Hugs to you all.:(

Pipsqueak
08-09-2008, 12:15 PM
I am so sorry - my heart goes out to you xxxxx

Glad there are some decent people still about.

Hope the children are ok

xx

littletreasures
08-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Sorry to hear about your cat.

I got a leaflet from the vets the other day to store called "Young children and pet bereavement" It looks quite helpful.

Alibali
08-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Sorry to hear that, I hope the kids are ok.

Chatterbox Childcare
08-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Oh what a shame

Not a nice job

taiwallis
08-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Hi there, i am so so so sorry for your loss. We lost ours a couple of months ago, liver problem, but completely out of the blue - in a matter of hours she had passed away. Now she definitely was a 'with' cat, burmese and adored all the children. They dressed her up, she would sit on their puzzles etc. We now have 2 kittens who are amazing.

However, at the time, the afterschool kids, daytime kids (those who understood) and my own children were completely devastated. My daughter (her own idea) made a box, almost like a shrine (memory box) to our cat. They all drew pictures and wrote down their favourite memory of her, and put a photo of her in it. I now it sounds dreadfully dreary, but children like to do this sort of morbid thing, it sems to get it out of their system. Just an idea???

Mrs.L.C
08-09-2008, 01:28 PM
However, at the time, the afterschool kids, daytime kids (those who understood) and my own children were completely devastated. My daughter (her own idea) made a box, almost like a shrine (memory box) to our cat. They all drew pictures and wrote down their favourite memory of her, and put a photo of her in it. I now it sounds dreadfully dreary, but children like to do this sort of morbid thing, it sems to get it out of their system. Just an idea???

Thats a lovely idea. My own daughter (8) was very upset so didnt take her into school until 10. Thank you all for you kind replys. Iv been trying to find photos of her while littlen has his nap for the children but only managed for find 3. I guess I didnt think we would lose her so soon so never took that many

Shirlwith3
08-09-2008, 05:02 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your cat, we lost one of our cats the same way thankfully he was chipped & the someone took him to the vets where thye called us that evening, we were all beside ourselves as my husband had delivered him & cut his cord when he was born Tygar was only 4yrs old. We also hd to say good bye to my oldest cat Harreit she never got ran over but she got very ill & it was not fair for her to carry on so 2 days befroe 14th Feb we let her go I am just about able to think of her without crying I had her for 17yrs.

I have decided to by a nice plant that likes the sun (Harry loved the sun) & have a sign painted in memory of her.

Shirl

Nicki L
08-09-2008, 05:23 PM
What bad news - least somebody had the decency to let you know.