PDA

View Full Version : OMG what a feasco!

emmadines
08-09-2008, 08:24 AM
ok I had my 2 1st before schoolers :eek:

all went fine till we got round the corner, J started to run off so I raigned him in. d went in fine but I gave him his lunch box and he's not having lunch at school as Im picking him up :blush:

it took a 4 soon to be 5 to tell me "oh the shame!!!"

then I go round to take j and my son to their class and I forget my daughter (actually I thought she was with her dad waiting outside the reception playground!) :blush: :blush:

:blush: :blush: :blush:

Tatia
08-09-2008, 08:35 AM
You just need to get into a routine. You'll get the kinks ironed out, not to worry.

I have so many different before and after schoolers on differnt days that I am constantly freaking out that I have forgotten someone at the school gates!:laughing: I have to take a written list with me and do a head count every few minutes. I've only ever left a child behind once:blush:

Paula J
08-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Me too I left one in nursery dress up corner when spinning round to go to pre-school across the road didnt even realise till I got back to the car and no cild to go in the car seat!! You will get intoa routine it takes mistakes to get it right:) Paula

Spangles
08-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Don't worry it's just because it's all new. You'll get used to it.

I always get like that with things.

I got in a flap this morning in the local shop because I went in with mindee in the buggy and it's so small to get round I got in everyone's way and felt as if I was a right pain and looked really awkward! It was horrible, I got really hot and bothered!

You'll be fine in a couple of days and you'll take it all in your stride!

Annie_T
08-09-2008, 09:17 AM
oh hun bless you, x

emmadines
08-09-2008, 12:03 PM
they will be wearing those yellow vests. at least i will be able to see them all then! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
08-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Don't worry it's just because it's all new. You'll get used to it.

I always get like that with things.

I got in a flap this morning in the local shop because I went in with mindee in the buggy and it's so small to get round I got in everyone's way and felt as if I was a right pain and looked really awkward! It was horrible, I got really hot and bothered!

You'll be fine in a couple of days and you'll take it all in your stride!

This was me the other day in the shop the wheels get stuck, you get hotter and hotter, you just feel like screaming x

LisaH
08-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Don't worry you'll be sorted before the weeks out!! It soon becomes second nature.

BTW I have also left one of my own children at school.:blush:

balloon
08-09-2008, 12:30 PM
This was me the other day in the shop the wheels get stuck, you get hotter and hotter, you just feel like screaming x

Snap!! I got caught in the supermarket with new buggy that has wider wheels at the back than at the front, I felt a right muppet!

emmadines
08-09-2008, 12:31 PM
you know im soooooooooooooooooooo glad im not the only one

Chatterbox Childcare
08-09-2008, 12:40 PM
ok I had my 2 1st before schoolers :eek:

all went fine till we got round the corner, J started to run off so I raigned him in. d went in fine but I gave him his lunch box and he's not having lunch at school as Im picking him up :blush:

it took a 4 soon to be 5 to tell me "oh the shame!!!"

then I go round to take j and my son to their class and I forget my daughter (actually I thought she was with her dad waiting outside the reception playground!) :blush: :blush:

:blush: :blush: :blush:

They are pushing their luck. Be firm but fair and start off with a wrist strap from home and tell him that you will take if off at the gate if he behaves (this will eleviate embarrassment for him) and the next morning give him the choice of good behaviour or the strap. If he misbehaves again put it back on.

He will learn and quick....

mimo
08-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Once you get into the routine it will be fine. You will get to know the school receptionists well when you keep taking in p.e kits lunch boxes ect that you find when you get home (buy them some chocolates its saves the evil looks they are worse than doctors receptionists) I tend to make sure i know how many children i am collecting then worry who i have forgot if i havent got the right amount.That and tell them before school who is coming back tonight they are preety good at reminding you who else you are waiting for:D

emmadines
08-09-2008, 12:47 PM
They are pushing their luck. Be firm but fair and start off with a wrist strap from home and tell him that you will take if off at the gate if he behaves (this will eleviate embarrassment for him) and the next morning give him the choice of good behaviour or the strap. If he misbehaves again put it back on.

He will learn and quick....

can i do that to a 6 year old?

Tatia
08-09-2008, 03:00 PM
give him the choice of good behaviour or the strap
:ROFL1:

I know I'm deliberately misquoting but that just tickled my funny bone.:laughing:

emmadines
08-09-2008, 03:12 PM
:eeeek:
:ROFL1:

I know I'm deliberately misquoting but that just tickled my funny bone.:laughing:
:laughing: :laughing: :magnificent: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: