PDA

View Full Version : 7am - 9am????

emmadines
07-09-2008, 09:17 PM
I have 2 boys thier brothers. ones 6 and the others soon to be 5. now keep in mind I have my own two to get ready, what do I do in the mornings free play?

what sort of things do you do???

xx

Chatterbox Childcare
07-09-2008, 09:19 PM
With breakfast I would charge £7.50 eacg.

By the time they come to you, wake up, have their breakfast, clean their teeth and greet the other children it will be time for coats on and walk to school.

I also have a colouring activity out each day and a different game but mostly they want to relax and watch tv for 15 mins

tulip0803
07-09-2008, 09:30 PM
my before schoolers used to either play with cars, bricks, lego, colour or watch tv but they came at 8 and we left the house at 8.30 so it was only 30 mins. I think free play is fine just make sure that you allow them enough time to tidy up before you leave otherwise you will have to do it when you get back:rolleyes: .

Don't think I will get pre-schoolers this time though because the school has a free breakfast club:( . Welsh Assembly Government initiative.

emmadines
07-09-2008, 09:43 PM
they will have breaky before they get to me so no worries there. so free play then really. my kids will have their brecky and go upstairs to get dressed, usually by then its almost 8.30 anyway.

what do you do with your own kids (if they are at school still)when mindees turn up for about 7am??? mine are 6 and 2 so still need that kick up the bum to get dressed.

shopshelleyd
07-09-2008, 09:50 PM
I start work at 7am and don't do any special activities usually unless there is a card or something to finish off. Some of the children have breakfast with us, some have already had. They just mix in with my girls and play with whatever these choose or watch a bit of tv. I don't really have much time to sit and play as busy feeding baby, answering door to more children arriving, making breakfast etc. Those 2 hours just fly. All children seem quite happy though. :laughing:

jellytot
07-09-2008, 09:54 PM
i just let my own 2 get up as normal and do their normal routine.

emmadines
07-09-2008, 10:00 PM
thankyou, this is just gonna take time to get used too. thought id do a free play day so they settle as its their 1st day with me. i also have them after school.

Jules12Wed
07-09-2008, 10:16 PM
I have one that arrives at 7.30, tbh I just let her do as she pleases, she has breakfast which takes her about half an hour and then just sits in front room with my daughter and they watch tv. I certainly wouldn't have time to do an activity.

LisaH
08-09-2008, 12:31 PM
I have a 3yr old arriving at 7.00am everyday. My own kids don't get up till 7.30!! He just plays with available toys, has breakfast and watches tv. Tbh i don't have time to do anything else.:)

mimo
08-09-2008, 12:35 PM
We just have free play in the mornings before they go to school .Most of the time they all seem to chat or watch tv .They all arrive at different times so it would be impossible to do anything constructive before school

Tatia
08-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Free play or telly, really. I have one who comes at 7:15 and she and my daughter have breakfast at 7:30 (another one who is ad hoc and it's the same). Another comes at 7:45 (no breakfast) and then another at 8. Plus trying to get my daughter ready. The only thing I insist on is that they are relatively quiet (no tearing through the house that early) and they tidy up after themesleves before we leave.