PDA

View Full Version : ideas for playpen??

butterfly
07-09-2008, 12:58 PM
I have just set up my BabyDan playpen in the lounge as I have 2 crawling babies but it looks so uninviting!! Does anyone have any gooddeas of what things i could put in it or on it which will make it more exciting for my 9 mth olds? Also was thinking about hanging things over it?? any ideas??

miss mopple
07-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Turn it into a ball pit :D

katickles
07-09-2008, 01:04 PM
My SIL has one of those playmats in hers. My dd who is 18 months, still will sit happily & grab & play with the toys!!:rolleyes:

You could hng a mobile from the side maybe??

butterfly
07-09-2008, 01:11 PM

ooh good idea! the only problem is one of the bars is missing at the back and the balls would come out!! also the babies wouldn't be able to let themselves in and out. I could get one of those small round padling pools to put insde wih balls in it!

mrsb
07-09-2008, 03:36 PM
You can get these catterpilars I think they are from mothercare which you twist onto the handles of baby car seats or cots etc, my sister has twisted a couple of these on the top of her playpen :)

Annie_T
07-09-2008, 03:41 PM
how bout one of them baby rug things thta has mirror, rqttle,sqeek stuff etc on them ? (play mat?) put on one side so that can play with it inside

oneofeach
07-09-2008, 04:17 PM

My little boy loves this.

He pushes the balls through the bars.

If my brain worked tonight I'm sure I could link that to EYFS:rolleyes:

Sarah will be along soon to do it for me:D

Jules12Wed
07-09-2008, 04:24 PM
How about putting on the floor a bright duvet cover i.e. teletubbies or something.

kellyg
07-09-2008, 08:52 PM
How about hanging a sauce pan and wooden or plastic spoon (attached to string) so that they can bang away, noisey but fun and when I have had 9 mth babies I know they love the old saucepan and spoon trick ;-)

Or put some pasta and rice in an old small plastic bottle, cover with bright stickers and hang on the side, good fun to rattle.

Or hang some mirror card from it?

Balls are a good idea - always go down well and my pound shop had the small paddling pools - or asda.

Oh yeah and how about getting some different types of fabric to lay in the pen, some with sequins, some shiny, some fluffy etc etc etc :)

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

butterfly
08-09-2008, 08:46 PM
great ideas!!! thankyou so much!! might try hanging some coloured scarves on there tomorrow!

Trouble
08-09-2008, 08:48 PM
hang short pieces of ribbon of it.